PDA

View Full Version : Ballast draining while surfing

05supra24ssv
06-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Just installed 1100lb fly high sacs in my rear compartments of my 24ssv, I added a Tsunami 1200 to each bag and still using the stock fill system as well ( I have 2 fill linesgoing in to each bag,they fill in 5 mins) I am still also using the stock drain pumps, but the problem is when I fill the corner bag were surfing on when we start to surf it drains itself, I know that its bypassing itself thru the drain pump, so what do i need to do to stop this from happening?? Thanks.

The Squeaky Wheel
06-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Is it draining partially or completely?
Some of the drainage could be happening because the 1100 lb is higher than the overflow port to the side of the hull. So when the boat tips over at surf speeds, gravity is taking over and water is running out.

Otherwise, it might be time to replace the ballast impeller on the stock system.

If #1 is the culprit, a relatively easy solution is to buy new 3/4" tubing and run the port bag to the starboard side overflow hull fitting, and vice-versa. This will prevent run-off due to gravity

jeilers1
06-24-2011, 07:58 PM
put a ball valve on your empty line

docdrs
06-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Is it draining partially or completely?
Some of the drainage could be happening because the 1100 lb is higher than the overflow port to the side of the hull. So when the boat tips over at surf speeds, gravity is taking over and water is running out.

Otherwise, it might be time to replace the ballast impeller on the stock system.

If #1 is the culprit, a relatively easy solution is to buy new 3/4" tubing and run the port bag to the starboard side overflow hull fitting, and vice-versa. This will prevent run-off due to gravity

Or just put a cork in it :)