PDA

View Full Version : Smoke dammaged interior!!!

DAFF
06-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Well the good news is my interior is finally finished for the Comp. The bad news is the building which my friend works in was fire bombed !!! My interior guy works out of another friends limo shop in the upstairs loft. Anyhow someone broke into the limo building and set all the limos on fire. All the limos are total losses and the building is a complete chared out mess.

There is about a 1/8" layer of soot from the fire on my whole interior. Good thing I opted for the darker grey for as of today everything is black. I am going to talk to the restoration guys and find out what works best on smoke dammage removal. More than likely a strong degreaser followed by a good rinse.

The funny part is my boat was supposed to be in the limo shop to getting the interior installed but I brought it back to my shop for a photo opp and to finish the floor .... Funny how things work....

I feel bad for my friend with all the limos. His oldest was an 08 and all of them had custom interiors too. As of today he was scrambeling to find replacements to fullfill his bookings. The arson squad and police are investigating.....

haugy
06-11-2011, 11:01 PM
So wait, I'm confused. It was in the Limo shop, but you pulled it out for the photo op? I mean I guess it was in there when it happened? Damn man, I'm glad they didn't burn the boat. They could have thought it was the Limo owners and burned it as well.

That's rough man. Is it just soot and smoke? The soot should actually come out with a good scrubbing.

I'm sorry bud. I'm glad the boat didn't go up with it. That would have been rough.

DAFF
06-12-2011, 10:38 AM
All the interior was removed from the boat for the rebuild. Shorty wanted to do all the interior and then the carpet and re install every thing. As he finished a portion of the boat he would leave in compleated in the corner of the loft. Will be going to Windsor in a few days once all the comotion is over to get everything.

Diggs
06-14-2011, 03:36 PM
That sucks to hear. So why isn't insurance paying for a new interior?