PDA

View Full Version : help with torque settings, engine mounts and prop shaft bolt

fire fighter
03-21-2005, 11:02 PM
anyone know the torque settings for the engine mount trunnion bolts and the prop shaft bolts?

I decided to check the alignment of my brand new 2004 Launch LTS. I've had some serious issues with the boat in regards to quality control at the factory, so decided to check out the alignment, just to be sure. Sure enough, it was way out of alignment. I had to shift the engine about a 1/2" at the front to get the clearances correct. It is supposed to be set with no a tolerance of .002". My clearance was .05 inches!! Ouch.

I had Brian Raymond fax me the directions, but his instructions did not give the torque requirements.

Vapor-rub
03-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Exactly how did you go about checking the alignment? This is very interesting. I would mind giving my SSV a check as well. How did you go about doing it?

Brian Raymond
03-24-2005, 11:53 AM
You can contact; [email protected], for faxable instructions. The torque settings for the coupler bolts are on them. Be sure to leave a full name and fax number. Brian Raymond