PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Checklist for Used 1992 Boat

gstar
06-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Mates:

I bought a 1992 Supra Mariah with approximately 300 hours on it and in visually good shape.

The impeller failed and blew out one of the rubber exhaust hoses and the fiberglass muffler (actually seemed to be burning inside the muffler as clouds of black smoke came out for a couple of minutes before it died.

Anyway... while I have the boat in for repairs, what other things should I have serviced or checked out? i.e. what else needs regular service on the boat? I had the oil, tranny fluid, battery, and starter replaced so far.

Thanks for any advice.

docdrs
06-13-2011, 07:52 PM
install a water strainer.....it will save your impeller....and check it regularly....fuel filter needs replacing.......engine alignment check

gstar
06-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Anything that needs to be done as far as greasing or servicing the rudder? I saw a couple of posts recently with people talking about some styles that require greasing and others that don't. No idea whether this model does or not.

Completely new to boats, so any other insight regarding maintaining this particular boat would be appreciated.