PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pump won't reverse

cashby
06-13-2011, 08:54 PM
I have a 2007 22SSV that I swapped the original bags for the Gravity II bags. The pumps ran fine last year although a bit slow. This week the rear pumps will not empty. The front has no problem.

I have checked all the fuses. The switches show power is on. There is no sound from the pumps. Filing is still operating. Before I go to the dealer does anyone have a clue? Have I been putting to much strain on the stock pumps?

pap
06-13-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm a total newb to these boats, but recently replaced the impellers in my 2009 21V. Those pumps are heavy duty and unless you're running them dry for an extended period of time, running longer to fill or empty should not cause them any problems.

The fact that BOTH rear pumps won't reverse seems strange. I'm not actually sure how they switch from fill to reverse - do the impellers actually spin the opposite direction or is there a valve that swtiches. If it's the former, maybe the impellers have gone bad - have you taken them out and checked them? Then again I would think you'd hear some noise even if they were bad.

Have you put a voltmeter on the pumps to see if they are getting current when the switch goes on?

I'm probably not very much help.