PDA

View Full Version : Summer boat lay-up

Blackntan90
06-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Well maybe this should be under service&repair, but... I am going overseas for about a month this summer. It is for work, so I have to go. My question is, are there things I should do to the Mariah before going on my trip? I will be using her before&after my trip. I will fill the fuel tank, release tension from the drive belts, and generally make sure she is secured well. Should I fog the engine? Is there anything(I'm sure there is)I am forgetting/overlooking. I know you guys have great ideas, so thanks in advance!

jzelt
06-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Fuel Stabilizer is about it.
May want to disconnect the battery(ies).

michael hunter
06-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Fuel Stabilizer is about it.
May want to disconnect the battery(ies).

+1 thats what I would do.

jet
06-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Why dont you just drop the keys of to me..I will keep her shined up, charged up and I will clean up any throwup that my drunk girls may leave. : ))

Blackntan90
06-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Jet, LOL!! I will do what was recomended, but if I bring her down to Texas, I will want to stay for the drunk girls!!

jet
06-16-2011, 05:31 PM
lmao.........

docdrs
06-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Well maybe this should be under service&repair, but... I am going overseas for about a month this summer. It is for work, so I have to go. My question is, are there things I should do to the Mariah before going on my trip? I will be using her before&after my trip. I will fill the fuel tank, release tension from the drive belts, and generally make sure she is secured well. Should I fog the engine? Is there anything(I'm sure there is)I am forgetting/overlooking. I know you guys have great ideas, so thanks in advance!

One month over the summer.....i would cover her up and dream about her till my return......30 days is nothing...imo...if your going to use her when you get back

Blackntan90
06-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Thanks, guy's. I hate to leave her for so long, we are usually at the lake for a week or so about this time of year. I will be dreaming...