PDA

View Full Version : Supra Legacy Interior Question

Gregmacdog
06-15-2011, 06:58 PM
I have a 2000 Legacy and have a few yellow spots on the interior, the boat is garaged and well taken care of and covered when not being used, it seems that the yellow spots on the upholstery may be from ski rope handles or any black rubber items left on the seats.
Any IDEAS how to get rid of the spots?
Thanks!

Seabeejamie
06-17-2011, 11:01 AM
simple green and a scrub brush...you would be surprised what full strength simple green will remove.

wotan2525
06-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Or just park it out in the sun for a day. The sun always turns my interior back to white!

Gregmacdog
06-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the idea, we have lots of sun in Las Vegas, this time of year. I will try the simple green and take it to the lake.

Graeme
06-18-2011, 10:06 PM
I had a yellow stain from a wet rope handle left on the pads...within a few weeks in the sun it completely disappeared.

I also use a magic eraser on the pads once a year. I have read posts wear people say it's hard on the vinyl, but I see no reason why it should be hard on the vinyl, and it hasn't done any dulling or damage to the vinyl. If there are cuts/scrapes in your vinyl though you have to be careful with a magic eraser as it will pull at the edges of the damaged area.