PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an ipod cable

chrisk
06-16-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm looking for an ipod cable for an Alpine CDA-105 or something like that. I've found a few online but I was just hoping to find somebody with an extra/used one lying around.

WakeSurfCanada
06-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Hey Chris,

The actual alpine part # for that unit is a KCU-440i, but with that unit you can use the white iPod cable the came with your iPod.

In the installs I did with that unit I just zip tie the USB input from the back of the unit to somewhere I can easily plug my iPod cord into.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

WSC

chrisk
06-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I'm beginning to think it's not a 105, it doesn't have that USB plug in, it only has that wire coming out the back with the kinda-circular blue plug. The box does say 105 though and everything else is the same.

WakeSurfCanada
06-16-2011, 04:57 PM
hmmmm, sounds suspicious to me.
Does it say CDA-105 on the front faceplate?
If not, let me know what it does say and I can point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

chrisk
06-16-2011, 05:09 PM
I'll check for ya when I get home, I'm pretty sure it's a CDA-105.

My other question, if it is a 105, will that work with an iphone 4?

WakeSurfCanada
06-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Yup! will work with any iPod/Iphone, aside form some 1st/2nd gen ones.

CDA-105 should have a 6-8" usb "dongle" coming off the back of it

cheers,

chrisk
06-16-2011, 05:33 PM
I definitely know it doesn't have the "dongle" on the back, I'm just wondering if that's missing and the plug for it is hidden inside somewhere, I'll let you know what I find

chrisk
06-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Turns out, my buddy that sold it to me didn't tell me he put the unit he was selling me into the box of the unit that he just purchased for himself. So, he has the CDA 105, I have the CDE-9873.

This is the cable I need for it, if anyone has one I would really appreciate it. wakesurfcanada, do you know if there is an extension cable for this made so that I can run it all the way over to my dash?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127ICALPF/PAC-iPod-Control-Adapter-for-Alpine-Stereos.html?tp=120&tab=features_and_specs

WakeSurfCanada
06-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey Chris,

So what you need is a KCE-422i, should be about $20-$30 at you local alpine retailer.
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/kce-422i/

If you get it it should be aprox 3-4ft long. that being said, you wont benefit from having it run over to you deck, as all search functionality will be done through the deck.

Also, if you are using a newer iPod/iPhone, you will require a "stepdown" charge adapter to provide charging from the old style 12v to the new 5v. Unit will work with you iPhone with provided cable but no charging.

something like this will do the job:
http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/product/1667

Hope this helps,

cheers,

chrisk
06-17-2011, 04:04 PM
So are you saying once plugged in I won't be able to select what I'm listening to by using the ipod itself?

WakeSurfCanada
06-18-2011, 10:35 AM
you got it.

The way that unit functions is to put your iPod/iPhone away in a secure location and do all of your control through the headunit.

If you were looking to have control from the iPod you best bet will be just an aux in (dont think its possible on a CDE-9873) or purchase a newer deck with iPod "passenger mode" Something like the CDE-122.

Cheers,

chrisk
06-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Okay I have annnoother question for you since it seems like you know this stuff. So I have this head unit installed and it has the 2 RCA outs on it, along with the antenna plug and the ipod cable plug. Would I be able to run the Krypt version of the ws-420 along with this system? Here's a link to it.

http://www.bulletlines.com/Krypt-KMA-4200-Wakeboard-EQ-p/4555.htm

If I would be able to connect the two, would I have the full control over the speaker levels along with the other features such as PA system, etc etc?

Thanks so much for the help.

doc 1
06-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Did they even try to not be obvious about copying Wetsounds? 4200 instead of 420! haha I am not sure how those EQ's work sorry.

chrisk
06-22-2011, 09:57 AM
doc, I've heard they work great I'm pretty sure wakemikey and someone else on here has told me that... I was just curious about whether or not I will be able to even use one with the head unit I have, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to AV stuff.

WakeSurfCanada
06-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Hey Chris,

I'm not sure exactly how the inputs work on that specific unit, but to the best of my knowledge, you would likely just feed it a full range input (Front or rear - not sub) and you then run the outputs to you amps accordingly, from you EQ.

How are you looking to control the volume? From the head unit or from the EQ?

I assume you could likely do both, but you would have much more consistent sound if you chose one, and left the other at a specific level.

If you can get/have pics of the input/outputs on that Eq I can expand more on how to wire it up!

cheers,