PDA

View Full Version : Engine won't start in battery position 1

Bkrobz
06-18-2011, 01:33 PM
I have an 07 22ssv with the dual battery setup.

Last year I would leave it in position one all the time and never had problems starting. It would start in 1, 2, and 1+2. This year, it will only start in 2, and 1+2. It doesn't start in position 1.

I've verified both batteries are charged and I swapped positions and either battery will start the engine when it is hooked up as battery 2.

On battery 1 position, the amp kicks on, all the other electronics work, it just doesn't start. Since the owners manual recommends leaving the switch in position 1 since it supposedly charges the accessory battery after the 1st is charged, I would rather leave it in 1 and not have to switch batteries if battery 2 ever ran out.

Any ideas? I've called the dealership and they told me to stop by but I'm an hour away and would prefer not.

Thanks for any help.

pwildbil
06-18-2011, 01:48 PM
If it wont start in just position 1 and You are 100% SURE the battery is good then it would have to be a connection/switch issue. Just have to find where it is(easier said than done some times). I would start at the battery and work from there. Hope this helps!!