PDA

View Full Version : Trans dipstick??

pwildbil
06-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Pic of my Trans...... Changing the fluid and want to put in new and check level ............is that round thing my dipstick?? I tried turning it and it just keeps turning and tried to pull on it but dont want to break something...Any help would be great
Thanks

csuggs
06-20-2011, 03:22 PM
The dipstick should have a T-handle on it. I can't tell for sure but looks as if the T-handle is broken off? That's a different trans than mine, but it sure looks like where a dipstick would go.

Okie Boarder
06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
That's the right spot. csuggs is right...looks like the handle is broke. It is a pretty snug fit with two o-rings so it takes some effort to pull it out.

pwildbil
06-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks.......I'll try and use more force to pull it out......anyone know what its made of? May take it out and have something welded to it for the future

csuggs
06-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks.......I'll try and use more force to pull it out......anyone know what its made of? May take it out and have something welded to it for the future

Just order a new one from skidim - they have them in stock.

rludtke
06-21-2011, 11:57 PM
You could drill a hole into the center of it, and then run a screw into it to give yourself something to grab on to.