PDA

View Full Version : This Weekend's Fun N D Sun

wspeedin
06-21-2011, 10:08 AM
So I got out there on the Lake this past weekend for the WaveNoize WakeSeries on Lake Norman, NC and got some good shots. I thought I would share them with you guys (and gals).

I travelled by boat and tied her up while I rode behind SAN's and WakeSetters.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/wspeedin/DSCN0417.jpg

Me and My baby
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/wspeedin/DSCN0500.jpg

And this is me doing a Powerslide or Side Slide behind a 210
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/wspeedin/DSCN0453.jpg

And one more behind the 210 but riding "Switch"
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/wspeedin/DSCN0458.jpg

KG's Supra24
06-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Nice pics!!

wotan2525
06-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Cool pics. Are you familiar with Life Rolls On?

Okie Boarder
06-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Awesome! Looking good man!

wspeedin
06-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Cool pics. Are you familiar with Life Rolls On?

No, I havent heard of them. Im sure its probably similar to some of the organizations I have been apart of.

These pictures are actually from The Wave Noize Wake Series we had this past weekend on Lake Norman, NC. The Event was a charity for the Victory Junction Gang. On the Friday before the event we had the campers come out and participate in a "Learn to ski" clinic taught by UCanSki2 from St. Pete, FL.
Then on Sunday we had a "Extremities" Division competition. I took home 3rd place.

sybrmike
06-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Congrats on making the podium - inspiring to see both you & the Saltare on the water.

I did some volunteering years ago with Texas Adaptive Aquatics (sounds like a similar organization) - had a great time teaching skiing & hanging with some really cool folks.

Ptownkid
06-21-2011, 06:05 PM
I hope this isn't rude or insensitive at all...but I think it's f'ing rad as hell that you're not letting anything hold you back. Makes me remember why it bothers me when people whine about how bad they have it when they don't have anything to complain about.

Rock on brother!

cadunkle
06-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Great pics, thanks for sharing!

dshaff24
06-21-2011, 08:45 PM
I hope this isn't rude or insensitive at all...but I think it's f'ing rad as hell that you're not letting anything hold you back. Makes me remember why it bothers me when people whine about how bad they have it when they don't have anything to complain about.

Rock on brother! Yeah im with ptown.. cool pics

wspeedin
06-21-2011, 08:54 PM

Rock on brother!

OMG my feelings are so hurt.....NOT! Lol, I appreciate it man. Can't let anything stop me from livin my life. But hey, some people aren't as strong and it sucks for them, but it is what it is.

jaywidhalm
06-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Inspiring to say the least...nice pics!

DAFF
06-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Is there much in the way of barrier free boards for you to choose from ?? Like they say " If there is a will there is a way"......

Have you done any specific modifications to your boat to make it more user friendly for yourself ???

wspeedin
06-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Is there much in the way of barrier free boards for you to choose from ?? Like they say " If there is a will there is a way"......

Have you done any specific modifications to your boat to make it more user friendly for yourself ???

Im not quite sure I follow....barrier free board? I use a Shaun Murray Nova Core Board and a custom cage built to fit my body.

No modifications to the boat. I specifically bought this boat because it would not need any mods. I always dock the boat on the starboard side and I enter/exit at the back of the boat where the ski locker is. The motor cover makes for easy transfers around the boat and the open bow is great for handling anything up front. If I had anything to complain about it would be the height from swim platform to ski locker. After a long set I run out of arm strength to be able to lift my body that height. But my girlfriend doesnt have a problem helping a little bit :)

csuggs
06-23-2011, 07:57 AM
Great pics - thanks for sharing. I respect your determination and appreciate that deifficulties associated with a physical handicap. My father-in-law is a paraplegic since about age 30 and has done things that no one thought possible (i.e. building a beautiful home, flying aircraft, building a bus RV conversion, and so on). I honestly believe that where there is a will, there is most definitely a way. Oh, by the way - nice Saltare!

Rock on brother!! :cool:

scotthons
06-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks for sharing the pics. You were tearing it up and the boat looks great!