PDA

View Full Version : tower lights/boarding at night?

jsandy
06-21-2011, 02:58 PM
So here on my home lake the 4th is a big deal. Several on the water parties, alot of bands playing, and of course fireworks. Well sense we live back in shoals creek and know the ole marine police wont be back there i'm thinking that wakeboarding at night would be a good way to enjoy the 4th. How bright are your tower lights? I was thinking of installing 6, 2 facing forward and 4 back to cover the wake. Any ideas?

KG's Supra24
06-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Mine are the ones that come factory on the roswell.

They light up enough to see what you are doing surfing, that's about it. I know alot of people that do wakeboard at night but I'm not a fan. It's kinda scary coming down without being able to judge the distance real well.

jet
06-21-2011, 03:21 PM
we board at night alot. Its the only great water we get sometimes and NO CROWDS. I LOVE IT!! Use the force and you will have no problem luke. Oh and I have my brand new light bar for sale in the classifides. Thanks KG..I gusess my new roswell light bar isnt going to cut it huh. Lol. Oh and my light bar will light your landings NO PROB!! Jet

riderite
06-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Here is the six light setup that I run... Works great, also no exposed wires...

jet
06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Heres mine................

cmtaylor777
06-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Surfing at night is great. Wakeboarding.....Not so much. Too much timing and feel would be needed, and at the speed I don't want to rely on just that. I have been out with Jet and he loves it but I'm here to say.... He is the only one.

Sorry Jet. Think you are the only one drinking the koolaid on this one.

jet
06-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Come on guys, I wear glasses (well Im supposed to, but I dont wear them) and I In-line skate at night with no flash light on the street. I wakeboard at night (you can see FINE with 3x55=165 watts..and Its better if you turn the lights out (we go on full moon) What if I told you of the magical place where there was no traffic..and smooth water till your legs cant take it anymore paradise..THATS NIGHT TIME. Go do it!! Oh and thats not koolaid. Man Its hard to "BE THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD" Stay thirsty my friends...

you weeny

cmtaylor777
06-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Come on guys, I wear glasses (well Im supposed to, but I dont wear them) and I In-line skate at night with no flash light on the street. I wakeboard at night (you can see FINE with 3x55=165 watts..and Its better if you turn the lights out (we go on full moon) What if I told you of the magical place where there was no traffic..and smooth water till your legs cant take it anymore paradise..THATS NIGHT TIME. Go do it!! Oh and thats not koolaid. Man Its hard to "BE THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD" Stay thirsty my friends...

you weeny

You are an idiot. I have tried it. I tried it with you twice. Both times were less than exciting. You can't tell where the wake is. You are carving in then BAMM. you are in the air. I will stick to surfing at night. You just keep on truckin with your skates and night boarding, You damn Hippie!

Ptownkid
06-21-2011, 06:02 PM
baaaaaaaahahaha

jet
06-21-2011, 06:27 PM
lmao..thats with geoffs little lights..you saw how bright mine where, every bug in a 2-state area landed on my boat that night. lol
you cant tell where the wake is because its a malibu...NO white wash. lol

haugy
06-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Listen hear you hippies..........:D

I've done it before, when the moon is full. I like night surfing now more than anything. On the 4th I would be very nervous about night riding far behind the boat. Like you said, night parties, fireworks, and bands so there will be a lot of people doing a night run home. That coupled with alchohol make a tricky mix.

Now take joe blow fisherman who's coming flying down the creek, he sees your lights and goes blind. So he's gonna teach you a lesson and do a fly-by. By the time he realizes it, he's run you over not seeing you, only seeing the boat. I know this because I've had fisherman do fly-bys on me. When I see them cooking up the lake I'll kick on my lights. Apparently that means you are supposed to go bombing past me at 50'. If I had a rider out then, they would be dead.

Keep it close to the boat if you're going to night ride, otherwise pick a weekend when there aren't a lot of drunks rolling home in the dark.

Oh, and I never ride on holiday weekends, at all. Nor do I pull anyone. The boards and toys stay at home. I've turned into such a boring old man. HA :D

jaywidhalm
06-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Don't worry, boring old men have stories to tell, dead ones don't!

jet
06-22-2011, 10:44 AM
yeah, I dont even take my boat out on holidays..thats like playing in 5:00 traffic! lol. Thats WALLY or ROOKIE day..dad can I take the boat out with my friends?? We want to do power turns and tube all day long. No way man..not for me..thats my drinking day.

jsandy
06-22-2011, 11:16 AM
anybody got any pics of there lights at night? and yea durring the day we just run up to the blue hole and tie up in about 3 feet of water, set up the Tennessee canopy and put out the lawn chairs

Okie Boarder
06-22-2011, 11:53 AM
I've only surfed at night. I have wakeboarded well past sundown to where I could barely see the wake and it was OK. With the right lighting I guess it might work, but I'd be cautious. I agree with the comments about the holiday weekend.

cmtaylor777
06-22-2011, 01:12 PM
yeah, I dont even take my boat out on holidays..thats like playing in 5:00 traffic! lol. Thats WALLY or ROOKIE day..dad can I take the boat out with my friends?? We want to do power turns and tube all day long. No way man..not for me..thats my drinking day.

you sure aren't opposed to jumping on somebody else's boat, Hippie!!!

jet
06-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Wheres the hippie stuff coming from you dork! I dress WAY to nice to be a hippie! lmao

ddb0
06-22-2011, 02:29 PM

you weeny

then come out and ride the califorina delta even on the busiest weekends theres always butter with no one around and then theres always a party rite around the corner

riderite
06-22-2011, 03:31 PM
then come out and ride the califorina delta even on the busiest weekends theres always butter with no one around and then theres always a party rite around the corner

Where do you ride in the delta? I will be down in Locke for the chili cook off, and be riding between walnut grove and steam boat slew...

haugy
06-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Wheres the hippie stuff coming from you dork! I dress WAY to nice to be a hippie! lmao

preppy hippie?

ddb0
06-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Where do you ride in the delta? I will be down in Locke for the chili cook off, and be riding between walnut grove and steam boat slew...

i live just south of walnut grove at a place called tower park its a big resort on the water about 30 min by boat to walnut grove im up that way a lot actually PM me details if you wanna maybe meet up ill show you some cool spots

jet
06-22-2011, 06:09 PM
haugy is stiring the pot!! lol