PDA

View Full Version : Repairing Fat Sac

chrisk
06-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Have any of you repaired a fat sac? I've fixed a couple pin holes in them before but just today I developed about a 1 inch slit in one of my bags (fly high brand) and I was wondering if anyone has a good fix for something like that? The slit itsn't on a seam, just out in the open. Thanks

Ptownkid
06-25-2011, 08:15 PM
I thought these things were as tough as white water rafts...how did you manage to hurt it?

chrisk
06-27-2011, 09:14 AM
It's kind of a long story that sums up to me letting someone else be responsible, turning my back for a couple minutes, and coming back to disaster.

wakejmpr
06-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah it can be done. I've fixed two of mine already. Not sure if you live by a west marine or not but you can go to their web site. They make a patch that can repair holes in like white water rafts. Used it on mine and works great. They also sell an adhesive that turns to rubber when it sets used for the same thing. I would also suggest turning the bag so that the cut is facing up as to alleviate all that water pressure on it. For your problem I'm thinking the patch is the way to go. Should hold up. Sounds like the cut isn't to bad. Think the kit was like 10$