PDA

View Full Version : Swim platform help?

wakejmpr
06-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Out riding/partying and lost one of the pins that holds my platform Down. Was unaware of this and stepped on it only to completely destroy the other L bracket on the underside. Good news is that the fiberglass platform is ok just need to replace the L bracket under it. Dealer is zero help. Any one have any idea where or if possible those L brackets can be purchased?

wotan2525
06-27-2011, 12:51 PM
I'd call Supra parts directly.... They'll get you taken care of. Sucks that your dealer isn't willing to help!

jet
06-27-2011, 03:38 PM
the old supras are bad about bouncing the platform at idle, so i put safety wire on mine to keep them from backing out, and had to rebuild it too. Been down that road. Lol

crystal waters
06-27-2011, 05:43 PM
I found a stainless bolt and nut combination and uses those instead of the pins. Far more reassuring!

Salty87
06-27-2011, 07:25 PM
what model/yr? i have some gathering dust i'd be happy to give away, just pay shipping...
http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=3897&highlight=platform+brackets+sale

wakejmpr
06-28-2011, 10:44 PM
07 launch. sorry salty just saw the post. those look exactly like what i need. ordered the parts 50 bucks each so not that bad. i do have ss screws actually drilled through the platform and ss bolts holding it down instead of the pins but my problem is the hole in the L bracket actually pulled through the bolt. Garbage i say. hopefully the parts will be here before the weekend.

crystal waters
06-29-2011, 12:17 PM
With regards to Jets comments re swim platform bouncing at idle I got some foam seal tape that is used to create a seal between a canopy top and the box of a pick up truck. This tape has adhesive both sides. I removed my platform and cut lengths to fit the back of the mounting brackets. I then inserted my platform and its L shaped bracket into the mounting bracket and forced the platform upwards so I could insert my ss bolts throught the holes the pins used to fit into.
Then put ss nuts on and bolted tight. Platform is tight , doesn' t move around or bounce and rattle at idle.
An easy fix!