PDA

View Full Version : Starting Issues - WIRING DIAGRAM - Wired properly?

CDAHDAH
06-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Gents,

I've been having problems with starting the boat and I am confident that it is just a wiring issue at this point... I have a feeling i'm missing a wire to the starter relay, and I'm wondering if I have the ignition coil wired wrong as well.

I've replaced the following: Battery, batter cables, starter, resistor, autoreset breaker, ignition coil, and alternator within the past 4 months.

I've attached a wiring diagram I drew up BASED on how it is currently wired. Please do not duplicate this to your boat because I am not sure this is properly wired.

The current symptom is the boat "clicks" once and does not turn the engine. Battery is full of juice, fuses are not blown either.

Please follow the wiring diagram and let me know if you see a problem with it.

duckseatfree
06-28-2011, 09:05 AM
It looks like your having the same issue ess3489 had a few posts back. You are missing a wire that goes to the I post of your starter relay (solenoid).

On the main breaker block you'll see there are two wires red (on the left) and purple (on the right). You need to run another wire (the same thickness as the purple one) to the post that doesn't have a wire to the relay.

I'm not sure that will solve your problem, but at least its a start.

EDIT: Sorry, just looked closer in your picture and the side of the breaker that has the purple wire has 2 others....should be the same consept tho.