PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know what size hub the older trailer have? or maybe whats common?

dshaff24
06-27-2011, 11:29 PM
I got a set of 16 inch Chrome wheels for my SMP 1986 Trailer.. Little did I think about the Hub size making or breaking it.. Id measure or trial fit it but the Trailer is at a spring and coil shop getting new Leaf Springs! I do have one of the trailer tires/wheel but it measures 3.25 and the new rims are 2.75 but I do believe the hub center was away from the hub on the stock rims

So anyway im just curious before I go but Tires!!

Anyone ever measure theres before? I think I did measure it before.. but im not positive on it~ 2.5 inches is what Im thinking it was

wotan2525
06-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Most are 3.25" bores. Let me go measure mine for you right now since I'm actually in the same situation. ;)

wotan2525
06-28-2011, 10:39 AM
My hubs are 2.75" on the trailer. Existing wheels are 3.25" hub bores.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you if a 2.75" hub bore wheel would fit over mine. It looks like it, but without trying, I couldn't be sure!

dshaff24
06-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks a ton! I Stopped at my buddies to measure his and it was around 2.75 to so im going to purchase some tires tomarrow and slap them on hopefully by friday if they get the leafs finished on the trailer! Thanks for taking the time to measure!

Anyone else wonder how people are slapping fwd 18's on these trailers? Most fwd non trailer rims don't have much of a center bore to them especially in a 5 lug!

wotan2525
06-28-2011, 09:59 PM
A machine shop can easily bore out the hubs for you.... I'm more interested with where people have been finding car rims that doesn't have high positive offset.... I've been looking for rims for about 6 weeks and haven't found any over 15" that will fit!

dshaff24
06-28-2011, 11:01 PM
A machine shop can easily bore out the hubs for you.... I'm more interested with where people have been finding car rims that doesn't have high positive offset.... I've been looking for rims for about 6 weeks and haven't found any over 15" that will fit!

Good luck.. Ive found a cheap set of Chrome rims on Craigslist for a Rwd that fit... There not exactly what I wanted but they work for me since ill have under $450 in Tires and wheels.. ill post pics after the 4th

dshaff24
06-28-2011, 11:07 PM
http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/15-inch-Transformer-5-LUG-Aluminum-Trailer-Wheel-2540-Capacity_p_708.html

These are what I wanted to purchase but we got a new porch and other stuff going on at the house so the funds are not there right now.. The wheels alone would have been 400+ then another 400 in tires so Ill deal with what I got for now! Either way its an upgrade from Stock 14 inch wagon wheels