PDA

View Full Version : Got Hot Check Engine Light!

Mark.Lesney
06-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Hello all,

i am new to this forum although I am on others I have found myself working on my 2007 21V.

Sunday we had a few issues:

The auto bildge doesnt seem to work anymore only manual mode.

My check engine light came on and said temp above threshhold I shut it off immeadiatly. Started it a few min later and it went from 209 deg to 179 deg in a matter of mins. Any Advice? Will the check engine light turn off now?

When I fill my center ballast the driver side rear fills automatically and does not empty?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

cigars n scotch
06-30-2011, 10:13 PM
the engine running hot and the light coming on might mean you need a new thermostat, that's what happened to mine last year after only having it for about 1 month. You should also check your raw water intake and make sure there's no debris plugging it up. That's about all I can help with, I am sure others who are more mechanical can chime in with more things to check out.

Can't help with the bags...

Mark.Lesney
06-30-2011, 10:18 PM
there was a giant piece of plastic stuck on the intake. Will the check engine light turn off on its own? is there anyway i can do it? the dealer is backed up with the weekend.

I replaced the empty pump on the left side it will empty. Also went to Home Depot and got a new valve. it wont fill correctly I think it may be the selonoid?