PDA

View Full Version : Saltare's New Interior

devovino
06-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Well I finally finished re-installing my new interior. Took some pictures with my phone so the quality is so-so, but you can get the idea. The re-made new rear seat is big and cush, I eliminated the middle "non functional" section and made it larger and two pieces. The Captains chair I combined the two small cushions into one, and removed the old carpet. I was going to do black carpet, but after feeling how hot the two black stripes of the vinyl got in only 75 degree heat, I reconsidered and went with grey. Around the vertical areas of the gunwales, under the observers seat, rear seat,and the motor cover base I am waiting on some "hydro turf" rubber diamond plate I am going to use on the trailor as traction mats on the wheel wells and swim step to velcro tape up, I also velcro taped the carpet down. All in all, I feel pretty good about how it came out, and it if definetly better than the old stuff!

devovino
06-30-2011, 04:48 PM
I realized I did not post a picture of the rear seat, so here is that. It does not afford as much room for the engine hatch to open as it used to, but it opens to about verticle. I am wondering if anybody has ever thought of attaching a strut or shock that lifts or aids in lifting the engine cover? Just an idea I have, would that not be cool to have an automatic opener, kinda chessy but might be nice!
Since I am at it, thought I would include a picture of the new trailor color, sanded it down, primed it with white, and over coated it with a silver/metal flake, hopefully the picture does it justice!

sybrmike
06-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Looks great. I like the stripes - simple, but really ties it together. Nice & cozy captain's chair with the single seat cushion. I too struggled black carpet and heat, but ultimately did go with the black. I won't have much floor space with my new layout, so figured what the heck.

Can you please post more pictures (especially the rear seat)? I'm getting closer to that point & always looking for more ideas to steal - err, I mean, for inspiration.

Salty87
06-30-2011, 05:03 PM
looks great and no teak! i like the swim deck being teak and some of the other pieces but not the gunnels and doghouse. nice job!

Okie Boarder
06-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Looking good...nice job!

Jetlink
06-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Man, that doghouse base sure is beefy looking! 2x6 right? I think Jet has something on his doghouse that is like a cable to stop the cover from rotating too far back. Looks great though!

haugy
06-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Looks good. This winter I'll be redoing mine. I do like the rear bench idea vs the two split seats, I never liked those.

rlhahn
06-30-2011, 07:13 PM
lookn good man.