PDA

View Full Version : Rednecks

bdumas35
07-02-2011, 08:29 AM
http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?236811-Now-Wake-Boarders-have-a-NEW-WAY-to-aggrivate-us......

Didn't know we had roll bars.

pap
07-02-2011, 09:05 AM
What a bunch of self righteous idiots. There is nothing I can't stand more than those LOUD go fast boats flying around on the lake. And one of them admits to vandalizing a wakeboard boat and they think that's cool?

That pretty much shows their character right there - losers.

1/2 interested in signing up just to tell them off, but i've got better uses of my time.

DAFF
07-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Like there boats don't make any noise on the lake!!!!! How about speeding laws??? Seems to me 42MPH is plenty fast on the water......

jet
07-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I just bought one and cant wait to use it. Lmao...:mrgreen:

rlhahn
07-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I love these hate-monger people. Just get out there and have fun, but be considerate of other boaters and home owners. This reminds me of when I had my Ninja superbike and would pass a Harley rider...I'd give a wave, he'd give me the finger. Fact is there are butholes everywhere, some just stink more than others.

michael hunter
07-02-2011, 12:38 PM
I read the same kind of posts bashing Tubes, PwCs, Surfers Fishers and Pontoons. Every body has the same right to the water. I wish there was a mandatory coarse that teaches drivers how to handle the boat and how to be courteous to others on the water. I dont think they are out to mess up your day they just dont know what they are doing . That includes many Wake and Ski boats.

jsandy
07-02-2011, 12:40 PM
wow. so they are saying that by running around a populated lake at 80-100 mph is safer than a wakeboar doing 20mph and causing a big wake. this is just narrow minded assholes stuck in there own world. and i love how thay say louisianians (or how ever the Heck you say that) poilice themselves on the water and dont need no water cops and there way of policing the situations was to vandelize someones boat. I have been asked to not ride by a certin area of the lake to avoid kids playing in the shallows and what not and it did'nt bother me.

dshaff24
07-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Everybody has there own thing... Speed boats Drag down the lake we go all day long.. Sometimes im half scared there coming right at me when im down! But I do enjoy watching then twin 500 plus hp boat use $100 dollars in fuel on WOT race ! No matter the boat I enjoy it all.. it might not be my cup of tea but Its there thing and its on the water so I respect that!

My brother is a big fisherman.. goes all over the east coast in tournaments.. He always tells me about these wakeboard boats making these huge waves lol

Coming from there standpoint.. low profile bassboats - jet boats - etc etc Can easily toss there stuff out in the water Or even fill there boat up with water!

Jetlink
07-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Like how they say they are not a nuisance when they go ripping up and down the lake at 80+MPH... I have had one of those kind of boats go between my boat and myself when I was skiing no less and cut my rope as I was riding. No kidding there people. I have a general respect for all boaters, I just get nervous when someone is on the lake going over 45-55MPH because of that encounter.

pap
07-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Jetlink whoever did that would have ended up in the hospital or the police station if he did it to my rider. If that story is true it's amazing you're alive.

And it's freaking hilarious how these idiots don't see that their speed is far more a nuisance than some wake. At least on the smaller lakes I'm on - maybe those of you on giant lakes have less problem, but the go-fast boats are always a danger IMO.

mapleleaf
07-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Still trying to figure who hangs those damn nuts off the back of their trucks.....

ditchsnake
07-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Ya they have hill billies there too.Two Brother in laws came to to visit and asked what the tower was for. I replyed It's a rollbar Bob. He seemed happy with that. Then he asked if those big black things on it were lights.

cadunkle
07-02-2011, 09:19 PM
I don't hate performance boaters (used to be one myself), fisherman, or anyone else but I despite cruel, malicious and inconsiderate people. There seem to be a lot of those over at ScreamAndFly. I joined that forum a couple years back when I was more into performance boating, but never posted. I just posted a reply over there and am curious what type of response I get, if any at all.

dshaff24
07-03-2011, 01:51 AM
My previous boats was SpeedBoats and let me tell ya.. You get that boat trimmed out and full throttle with just the rear piece of the hull and outdrive in the water.. Just the smallest bit of choppy waves Send you ALL over the place!

Blackntan90
07-03-2011, 07:52 AM
I do like the idea of a MANDANTORY boating license- my wife, daughter, and myself all have a Coast Guard issued one. The course was only $20, about 6hrs and goes along way toward education- even being on the water around boats as long as I can remember, I learned a few things! It's also nice when we get stopped by the coasties in D.C., and they ask for I.D.-'we left our drivers license in the car- but here is our boating license!' I do think some people need to be educated- and some will never get it. I hate when some J/A makes a wake at the ramp when I am loading/ unloading, broke a bunk one time because of that. You talk about mad!! I had to go talk to that guy! He actually was unaware that his boat caused a large wake at what he thought was idle speed- I was nice to him B/C he seemed new to boating in general, family on board etc. I did tell him to look into the classes offered by Power squadrons/ Coast Guard etc. Be careful out there!

Jetlink
07-03-2011, 09:36 AM
Jetlink whoever did that would have ended up in the hospital or the police station if he did it to my rider. If that story is true it's amazing you're alive.

Yeah, true story, happened in MN on the Whitefish chain. We were skiing in a smaller bay and this boat came ripping through going well over 80. Must have seen the boat because they adjusted course to go behind the boat but failed to see me hanging off the end of the rope. Passed maybe 20-30 feet off the stern and I had already dropped the rope as I saw this unfold. Wish I still had the rope but I think the Sheriff used it to "hang" the driver in court as evidence.

rludtke
07-03-2011, 01:58 PM
http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?236811-Now-Wake-Boarders-have-a-NEW-WAY-to-aggrivate-us......

Didn't know we had roll bars.

You know what I really like? I really like that I don't see slam sessions on the Supra Forums board like what I read on the Scream and Fly board. This is the United States of America, where we all are free to recreate in the manner of our own choosing. But with that freedom we have to share our recreation resources responsibly. That means being curteous and respectful to others. The Supra Forums seems to reflect these values. I really appreciate this. Thanks to all for avoiding the easy, hateful types of responses.

dshaff24
07-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Its funny this topic popped up..
This happend yesterday at one of the local lakes

http://www.wtae.com/video/28433241/detail.html

rtpaxton2
07-03-2011, 07:55 PM
I read the same kind of posts bashing Tubes, PwCs, Surfers Fishers and Pontoons. Every body has the same right to the water. I wish there was a mandatory coarse that teaches drivers how to handle the boat and how to be courteous to others on the water. I dont think they are out to mess up your day they just dont know what they are doing . That includes many Wake and Ski boats.

Michael,

I agree! Here in Texas if you are under 17 you have to take a boater education class (unless there is someone 18 or older in the boat with you), to operate a boat. After that they are not required. I wish the state would make EVERYONE take it.

It irritates me to no end to see a boat pulling a skiier, wakeboarder, tube, etc., and make a high speed turn to go back and get their downed rider. I understand that there are times you have to do this, but not EVERY time! It really churns the water up when it is not necessary! :x

Ok, I will get off my soap box now!!

rdlangston13
07-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Michael,

I agree! Here in Texas if you are under 17 you have to take a boater education class (unless there is someone 18 or older in the boat with you), to operate a boat. After that they are not required. I wish the state would make EVERYONE take it.

It irritates me to no end to see a boat pulling a skiier, wakeboarder, tube, etc., and make a high speed turn to go back and get their downed rider. I understand that there are times you have to do this, but not EVERY time! It really churns the water up when it is not necessary! :x

Ok, I will get off my soap box now!!

I couldn't disagree more. I for one am very thankful that we DON'T have any kind of licensing requirement in TX. That is just one more way for the government to get in between you and your freedoms. I think it is good for insurance companies to give discounts to people who take a class to encourage safer boating but making it mandatory is ridiculous.

And chances are people who turn around fast to pick up fallen riders are aware that it makes the water bad, but they just don't care. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

jsandy
07-03-2011, 11:23 PM
how can you say that it is good that just anybody can get in a motor powered anything without any kind of training or atleast proving they have some kind of knowledge of what they are doing? i'm sorry but that has to be one of the dumbest statements i have ever read. so is it ridiculous to have drivers license?

DAFF
07-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Here in the north licensing is the law. Hated the idea of having to go get mine but after it was all done I did learn a few things too. The great lakes have some very big water and every year too many people go missing or drown. Education is key for the prevention of future accidents or loss of life.

Even the beaches can be deadly around these parts. Rip currents drinking and stupidity are often precursers of RIP.

doofus
07-04-2011, 03:38 AM
Just because you have a licence doesn't automatically make you a better driver (and this applies to any motorised item, whether it be car, bike or boat etc)..

The local state Government for where I live introduced manadatory boating licences a few years ago for any person who would be operating a boat with more than a 6hp motor attached.

In order to obtain the required boating licence (its correct name here is an RST = recreational skipper's ticket), people had to pass a two part test comprising a written theory component and then and practical assesment in a boat on the water.

Despite the RST having been in place for a few years now, there is still as many dickheads on the water each weekend doing stupid stuff against all the rules of boatting as there ever was before it was implemented.

Just because you hold a licence doesnt make you a good driver, just look how many idiots there are on the roads, yet each and every one of them holds a licence to drive a motor car!!!

Skylar18
07-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Cadunkle and okie,

Keep up the good fight over there on their board. Almost all the accidents and people killed on my lake are those guys types of boats.

bdumas35
07-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Just because you have a licence doesn't automatically make you a better driver (and this applies to any motorised item, whether it be car, bike or boat etc)..

The local state Government for where I live introduced manadatory boating licences a few years ago for any person who would be operating a boat with more than a 6hp motor attached.

In order to obtain the required boating licence (its correct name here is an RST = recreational skipper's ticket), people had to pass a two part test comprising a written theory component and then and practical assesment in a boat on the water.

Despite the RST having been in place for a few years now, there is still as many dickheads on the water each weekend doing stupid stuff against all the rules of boatting as there ever was before it was implemented.

Just because you hold a licence doesnt make you a good driver, just look how many idiots there are on the roads, yet each and every one of them holds a licence to drive a motor car!!!

When I got my Pilot's Liscense, my flight instructor said" Congratulations, you now have a license to learn how to fly"

Okie Boarder
07-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Interesting discussion. Kind of a losing battle, though. I wonder who the okieboarder is on that one.

wspeedin
07-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Here in NC you have to have taken a Boating Safety Class if you are younger than 26 and driving anything with a 12 hp motor or up. It is a great idea!!! However I believe we need it to be for anybody operating a vessel. Just two weeks ago a girl was chopped up behind a pontoon boat that was being operated by a first timer! He was found at fault. Maybe not everybody needs to have these classes or a license but isnt it better to be safer than sorry?