PDA

View Full Version : Removing engine. Help!!

Sammamish
07-03-2011, 01:38 PM
I am removing the Indmar engine on my 2006 Sunsport 24. Im not sure if I should seperate the engine from transmission , transmission from the v-drive or pull it all out together.

Engine Nut
07-03-2011, 01:47 PM
I am removing the Indmar engine on my 2006 Sunsport 24. Im not sure if I should seperate the engine from transmission , transmission from the v-drive or pull it all out together.

I generally remove the v-drive from the transmission then pull the engine and transmission together as a unit.

Sammamish
07-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks Larry
Do I need to support the v-drive in any way when I do this?

Engine Nut
07-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks Larry
Do I need to support the v-drive in any way when I do this?

Disconnect the propshaft from the output flange of the v-drive then remove the 6 nuts that attach the v-drive to the adapter that connects the v-drive to the transmission. Make sure to disconnect the wires from the oil pressure switch that is on the right side of the v-drive. After that the v-drive should just pull off the transmission. Be careful, it is heavy ... it is all cast iron. The splined input shaft will remain bolted to the output flange on the transmission.

devovino
07-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Ahh they days of Sammamish, I miss those days! I used to live in Issy, on east lake, as well as west lake. Having a dock right on the lake right by the slough at Marrymore Park, those were the days!
SO what are you pulling the motor out of your boat for, its the middle of summer? Or in WA, summer is just begining? And as we all know, those WA summmers are short lived, hopefully you can get er going and back on the lake ASAP!

Sammamish
07-05-2011, 07:10 PM
My motor failed. It was making noise in the fall so I had the local Supra dealer check it out. They replaced the fresh water pump, performed a service, winterized it and said all was good. I launched it this summer and now its sounds like the crank is trying to hammer its way out the bottom of the boat. Hard to believe that the motor would fail at 152hrs in just under 5 years. I pulled the motor and found the pick up for the oil pump fell off and in turn wiped out the main bearings. As luck has it, my driveway overlooks the lake so I can still sit in my boat and see the water. Still working on the make believe wakeboarding.