PDA

View Full Version : Standing water in bilge/ssv

peppermdx
04-22-2005, 11:01 AM
I have a 2004 SSV, and since the drain plug is not the lower spot in the boat, I always have 1" of standing water in the front locker. If I don't use the boat enough, I am getting mildew and slime. The dealer suggest I park the trailer on a hill to drain it, seem like a hassle. Any suggestions?

Have anyone put in an additional drain plug in the front locker??

Vapor-rub
04-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Unless the boat ramp is really busy, when pulling the boat out of the waterI always stop just as the stern comes out of the water. I get out and remove the plug and let it drain on the ramp. If the ramp is busy I will usually find another place on the way home with a steep incline and drain it there. I definitely don't want a bunch of stagnant water in my bildge when I put away my boat .

msutoad
04-22-2005, 05:36 PM
I use a hand pump and pump mine out when I am done. Then I open the front locker and put a fan in it to dry the area to avoid slime/mildew ;) .

Joe Gates
05-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Anyone ever entertain the thought of putting a drain plug at the lowest point in the bilge? I bought the drain but haven't conjoured up the quevos to put it in. I noticed that Master Craft and Centurion have the same drain in their bilges as well.

Joe Gates

DKJBama92Mariah
05-04-2005, 05:08 PM
I dunno if this would work for you, but i always just remove the plug when i pull the boat out of the water and just leave it out for the trip back home. By drive isnt that far and it seems to get most of the water out. I just leave the plug out until my next outing. I also prop the engine cover open with my required by law type VI throwable PFD (its the only thing it gets used for and you'd think they could come up with a better name for it.). This lets air into the bilge to evaporate anyt leftover water and every time i check it it is bone dry. Just a thought, not sure how it would work on a V-drive though.

Cheers,
DKJ

hanski
05-27-2005, 09:04 AM
Same prob in 98 Legacy

I have a little Shop Vac I use to vacuum the boat out with, and I just suck any remaining water out with that. I have eliminated all slime. and it takes seconds.