PDA

View Full Version : coaching tips

dickboxers
07-05-2011, 04:01 PM
I am having trouble with my rope transfer behind my back on a 360. Just wonder if anyone had some good insight on helping.

dickboxers
07-05-2011, 04:07 PM
I also wanted to ask y'all what you think about rack placement on your tower. Is there a advantage or disadvantage of putting them higher or lower on the tower.

Swamplandkarl
07-05-2011, 04:34 PM
I cant help you on the 360's but on the boardrack mounts keep in mind you need to mount them where they are above the guide poles on your trailer or you will hit them when loading your boat so anywhere above that is up to you.....

Good luck on the 360's...

Swamp..

chrisk
07-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Handle placement is important before you even start the trick. Have the handle low and close to your hips as you're coming into, and up the wake. Make sure to remember to jump, spin on axis, and keep the handle close to your hips, all the way around. A lot of people have the handle all the way out coming into the wake and they end up letting their weight fly backwards and they can't reach around with their free hand to reach the handle behind their back. Hope this helps!

wakerider107
07-19-2011, 12:42 PM
i think its better to approach the wake with your arms only slightly bent. this way you can pull hard to your right hip if regular, or left hip if goofy. this creates slack in the rope making it much easier to pass the handle

cmtaylor777
07-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Tie a rope handle to a milk jug or heavy water bottle. Practice making the handle pass over and over by passing the handle around you body. You will ingrain it in your muscle memory. Then it will feel more natural when you are in the air reaching for the handle.

KG's Supra24
07-19-2011, 05:25 PM
I practiced on a trampoline.

bzubke1
02-09-2012, 12:17 PM
If you have a board with removable fins take them all off, have the boat go about 19-20 and do a bunch of surface 360s. It will get you used to passing the handle while also being pulled by the boat.