PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back!

Ed G
07-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Sorry for the little "hiccup".

Server was hacked.

Kurt Jenkins worked his little hoofies to the quick.

Thank you Kurt!

e

Ptownkid
07-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Man...i was jonesin' pretty hard for it to come back up, haha.

Good work.

pap
07-09-2011, 08:58 AM
What exactly does "hacked" involve - email addresses and passwords exposed?

It was offline for days, I was concerned Supra went out of business as skierschoice.com was offline as well.

cigars n scotch
07-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Yeah I'd like to know a few more details as well since there has been a lot of "hacking" activity going on throughout the net with various websites/companies. Was any PII information exposed in the attack or was it just a DDos attack to bring down the servers?

Please elaborate a little as to what happened if you would.

tg0824SSVGG
07-09-2011, 02:21 PM
No details -- Kurt may chime in:

This is what he told me on Wednesday:

Yes, unfortunately it got hacked to pieces. My isp is working on getting us a new server online late tonight and hopefully we can get everything migrated to the new box tomorrow

Ed G
07-09-2011, 02:53 PM
if you are not new to the boards, then you know we have gone through this a couple of times before.

Relax. Your personal info has not been comprimised.

Although, thanks to you guys I now have enough credit card numbers to buy me that new Audi A-4 Quatro I have been lusting after

jonyb
07-09-2011, 04:19 PM
My IP address at work is still banned here, can you please un-ban it? Thanks.

deerfield
07-09-2011, 04:45 PM
As of 3:45 p.m. Central, Moomba forum is still down.

dmgx
07-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Hello all, sorry about the extreme downtime of the site.. The server was in fact hacked pretty good.. No PII personal information was compromised. The server was hacked to inflict a DoS (Denial of Service) attack on a company in Canada. The internet is such a wonderful place sometimes...

We had two options, format the old server and restore from back-up files or have a brand new server built and transfer all the sites to the new box.. We decided it was going to take about the same time so we chose to go with a brand new server.. Either way, moving 150GB+ across any network connection does go very fast...

We're still restoring content from back-up so parts of the site may still be effected.. Moomba is still off-line, but we hope to have it up and running before the end of the weekend..

JonyB, if you can go to http://myipaddress.com at work and email me your IP address to [email protected] I'll see that it gets removed from the blacklist..

kj

cigars n scotch
07-09-2011, 10:10 PM
thanks for the confirm on the PII question. Appreciate it. Hope you get all things back up and running, I know it's a pain in the butt to deal with.

Blackntan90
07-10-2011, 12:48 PM
A hearty thank you to all who worked so hard to get the site back up! I am currently in France on business for a couple of weeks, and being on this forum is a little slice of home! Boy do I miss my boat, wife, kids, dogs, and the good 'ol USA! Not nessesarily in that order!!

millerda68
07-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks for all your work on this. I've been missing the boards! Moomba owner here, but joined the Supra boards just so I could get my fix :)

tg0824SSVGG
07-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey Kurt - thanks for posting. I am sure you used up your small amount of
available time fixing the hack -- but I see we're still running on a pretty old
version of the forum software, and never did get the tapatalk stuff working, which
required an upgrade, if I remember what you told me.

Any chance of updating in the near future?

Thanks for everything Kurt!

Todd

dmgx
07-10-2011, 11:06 PM
"I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue".

Come on ngavdba, nobody likes a quitter...

dmgx
07-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Todd, going to talk w/ SC sometime this week concerning website updates.. Forum upgrades and "tap talk" will be on the list.. Thanks for your input...

kj

Okie Boarder
07-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the work getting them back up.

wotan2525
07-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Todd, going to talk w/ SC sometime this week concerning website updates.. Forum upgrades and "tap talk" will be on the list.. Thanks for your input...

kj

Long overdue. I don't think it's too big of a stretch to assume that the reason the board was hacked was that it was running an outdated version of vBulletin. They probably used an SQL injection exploit that's since been patched. New software would be more secure and less prone to the spam attacks we've seen lately.

Regardless -- thanks for getting "us" back up. ;)