PDA

View Full Version : Z5 Cargo Rack

CincyLaunch
07-11-2011, 09:37 AM
This beast is one of the coolest towers I've seen on the new 22V's unfortunately this Chinese folding puzzle needs 2 people to lower it. The 2 questions I have on it are:

1) When I picked up the boat the dealer gave me a piece of foam for the speakers to rest on and 2 pieces of plywood for the board racks to rest on. When its down the majority of the weight is resting on the board racks, which concerns me. Is this the way it is suppose to do that?

2) After about the second time of bringing it up the right tower socket won't sit right and tight. Any suggestions on what it could be? It concerns me that it won't seat and tighten up all the way. Could the tower be twisted?!?

Thanks in advanced!

cigars n scotch
07-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Ok, I'm not following you. I have a Z5 on my 21V. When you say "lower it and requires 2 people" what are you exactly referring to? The back struts disconnect from the tower mount and then you can tilt the rack downwards for easy loading/unloading of boards on the top cross-bars. This is a one-person job.

What are you trying to do to "lower"?

Maybe Z5 changed their rack from the model I have to the one you have? I just noticed you have a 2010, I have a 2008 but my rack was purchased from someone who had a 2009 24ssv.

Congrats on the new boat!

CincyLaunch
07-13-2011, 08:57 AM
By lowering it I mean undoing the foreward tower knobs and collapsing the whole tower to store the boat in a lower height garage.

My tower is the black 3 point like the one in the picture below.

http://tolimages3.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/1217623/97568545_1thumb_220x165.jpg?1306966023

jdolotina
07-26-2011, 04:28 AM
I've got the same wakeboard tower as you and it too bothers me that all of the weight rest on my board racks. You lucked out and your dealer gave you some foam to put under it. I didn't get anything with my boat, and the way it lays just doesn't look right. Did you find a solution?

Thanks,
Josh D.