PDA

View Full Version : possible new boat owner. Q? help!

selle92
04-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Can anyone give me alittle feedback.

Wife and I are looking for a first boat now that we have the lake place. Got our eyes on either an older Saltare or a Mariah.

Shes an ok skiier and I wakeboard more. Much difference in the pulls/wakes on these two boats?

Both have the 351 PCM. Heard its a tad underpowered for the Saltare, yet the bigger engine in that boat eats the gas.

Only heard good things about the Mariahs.. Would like more feedback.

Both boats do not include trailers.

I haven't checked, but only need a storage trailer, otherwise it's going to sit on my lift all summer.

Whats a decent price range for a used trailer like that?

any good ideas where to pick up service manuals for an older Supra?

Thanks for any info.

J

Brian Raymond
04-27-2005, 11:53 PM
Contact the "Guru", Anthony Cooper at Skiers Choice. He can help with your decision. He can be contacted at; (865)983-9924ext118, or, [email protected]. Brian Raymond

selle92
04-28-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the info.

Ended up going for a '91 Mariah. Done deal.

Just heard too many good things about that boat, and was a tad smaller which we were llooking for.

J

DKJBama92Mariah
04-29-2005, 02:51 AM
Congrats on you purchase. We have a '92 Mariah and she has been a great boat. About the perfect size. Ours has the HO 351 and it has more than enough power (285hp) for me. One thing that you might watch out for, If your windsheild has the curved glass, the center folding window has a propensity to fall off. Ours fell off about 5 years ago. I just took it off and put it in the basement. The boat looks fine without it and I dont do enough cool weather boating to worry about wind.

Anyways, good luck with your new boat. Take care of her and she'll take care of you.

Cheers,
DKJ

BTW, here is the link to pics of mine after i got it repainted in winter of '03-'04.
http://www.supraboats.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=526

DKJBama92Mariah
05-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Never mind about the windsheild problem. After some research, i found out that they started using the curved windshield on the '92 models so you should be safe. Mine is a '92; it kinda makes me wonder if they solved the issue in later years ('93-'97). Any info on this Brian Raymond???

Cheers,
DKJ

selle92
05-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the info.

Yeah, ours doesn't have the curved windshield, so I should be good there.

Now my problem is, the boats is in Michigan, I'm in Minnesota, and I have no trailer for it yet. Need to just get it home, then look for a storage trailer over the summer. Hoping to get it this weekend, but gotta find a trailer first.

Dkj, You aren't in MN are ya? and if so, willing to rent me your trailer!??? :-)

Actually, I mention that cause I just saw a Red Mariah the other day at the gas station near my house. Looked real similar to yours- you aren't near Prior Lake are you?- wishful thinking I guess....

if so, give me a hollar. 612-242-3394. Won't have access to internet for a while.

Thanks!
Joe

selle92
05-11-2005, 03:35 PM
DKJ, neverminds.. Alabama?- Saw the AL on your boat, and figured with Bama in your name... well, there ya go.

Joe