PDA

View Full Version : Is this 1992 Sun Sport to much $$

07-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Ok so I bought a 1990 Sea Ray 18ft with a 4.3 V6 IO last winter and it has been a good boat. But really when me and the boys hit the water all we do is board and on my boat w/o a tower we can hit w2w and some grabs but thats about it. I am wanting an older supra cause the are the most beautiful boats I have seen.

So what I am asking is for opinions on this one and what to and not to look for.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/boa/2445120979.html

jsandy
07-12-2011, 01:35 PM
money seems just a grand or 2 to much but he's try'n to get his money back from the stereo.

dshaff24
07-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Id say he is right on the money.. it doesn't have wood stringers in 92 so thats a huge bonus

07-12-2011, 01:47 PM
I am kicking myself for not selling my boat already. I mean do you guys think there would be a MASSIVE change in the wakeboarding experience with this VS my 18ft IO w no tower

chrisk
07-12-2011, 02:10 PM
A direct drive like this will give you a few advantages over an I/O.
more consistent wake on both sides
safety when getting in and out of the water and driving around people in the water
the ability to surf if you ever want to (surfing behind an I/O is downright dangerous
room to add ballast
tower gets you ability to store boards up out of the way, keep the rope up high for increased hang time and reduces clutter inside the boat.
nice to listen to tower speakers while riding.

I think that price is good, as mentioned above, for composite stringers, a very nice stereo system, and what looks like a very clean boat. The only thing I would ask a few questions about is the hours. It's just my guess but 274 hours might be the hours on a rebuilt motor. 274 on a 1992 on its 3rd owner with all of that stuff added on seems low. People don't fill their towers with that many speakers and spend that much on a stereo system and then don't use the boat. If it is a rebuilt motor and it was done the correct way with records and still runs great, then I think it's actually a really good price. You'd be hard pressed to find a boat with that many features at that price.

wotan2525
07-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Very fair price. The stereo is probably not $5500 and will be a bit of a hassle (unless it was installed by a pro) but nice boat, nice price!