PDA

View Full Version : Oil pushing up out of dipstick??????

rollenrock33
07-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Hey guys,

Anyone ever have this happen? The boat is a 99 Sunsport with a 351W. At high RPM I get oil pushing up the dipstick and onto the valve cover and then all over the left side of the block. Not a lot of oil, just enough to make it stink. Checked my oil level, the mark is in between the full and add notation. Oil pressure seems to be fine but Not 100% sure on that because the gauges on these year supra's suck. The gauge is reading around 40-50.

I did notice there was a small amount of oil pushed out the breather hose that attaches to the carb as well. Not near as much as the dipstick. Again, it seems like this only happens after the boat has been running a while and I really open it up into the higher rpm range. The boat runs awesome, no hesitation, very smooth the entire way through the rpm range. Any ideas? I thought maybe there is supposed to be a o-ring on the dip stick perhaps? Is my oil pressure to high? If so what could be causing that? Just replaced oil and filter, probably not more than 10 hours on the change.

bdumas35
07-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Crankcase Pressure.

Could be a clogged PCV valve or breather. Worn piston rings can cause excessive pressure.

Might want to do a compression test.

Hopefully it's a pcv issue.

beast 496
07-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Verify your PCV valve is correct for the Marine" engine and not just a generic. Better yet, replace the Current PCV valve with an OEM replacment from Pleasure Craft marine. Al

michael hunter
07-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Also make sure your PCV hose is not collapsed or clogged.