PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Supra Saltare

Stickleback25
07-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Comes with trailer. Wake tower, kenwood cd player with usb and aux. input. I just put a new acme 913 prop on it and it comes with an extra prop. It has 351 engine in it, and runs strong. I redid all the seat frames last year and reapoltered half of them. I put in new carpet last year too.
Last weekend while loading the boat my reverse went out on transmission. It drove forward fine, so I loaded the boat up and went home.
This boat has been very reliable for me and has been a blast with family and friends.
I dont have the money to fix it so I must sell it.

$7,000 OBO

haugy
07-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Where were you in May? You'd have that sold pretty quick.

When the tranny went out, did it make any noises? Clunk, high pitch squeal, anything? In forward does it lunge into gear or smoothly?

devovino
07-16-2011, 01:34 PM
I would like to see a few more shots of the interior. NIce boat either way, did you paint the exterior or was it that color? How many hours on the unit, well thanks, Devon.

Stickleback25
07-16-2011, 01:42 PM
nope, no noises at all. I went to back the boat away from shore to load it on the trailer because we were done for the day and it just revved like it was in neutral. I put in gear and out a few times thinking it was the linkage, I put it in forward gear, (again no noises) it went in smooth, I drove it to the boat ramp and loaded it up. noone knows anything about these boats in my area.
It would be nice if I am overlooking something to fix it without rebuilding the transmission.

Thanks

Stickleback25
07-16-2011, 01:44 PM
like 900 hours on boat

I only have small photos from phone. I'll put more photos of interior this weekend.

thanks

rludtke
07-16-2011, 02:34 PM
I can't help but think that your reverse problem must have a simple fix. Perhaps it is a worn clutch or something? I have not ever opened up these transmissions, but I don't think they are very complicated. Maybe you should speak with a shop or someone with experience with the BW velvet drive overhaul and repairs to learn what the problem might be, and learn what is involved in a clutch replacement. This might be a potential Do It Yourself repair. Perhaps parts are only a few hundred $ or less. Don't give up yet!

Salty87
07-18-2011, 03:00 PM
yeah, i'd disconnect the transmission cable and try putting the lever on the tranny into reverse by hand. you can try on the trailer, the engine needs water and you should get the strut bushing wet first too. make sure all pets and children are away from the prop...don't rev it up. good luck.

wakeup
07-22-2011, 06:39 PM
I've rebuild many velvet drive trannies. Very simple. If you have any mechanical ability it's very simple. Just sounds like clutches. Very inexpensive to rebuild. If you tackle it hit me up. Can easily walk you thru it.

wakeup
07-22-2011, 06:43 PM
I have a 88 supra bravara and the exact same thing happen to me 3 years ago and the reverse clutch disc just crack. No noise or anything. I just rebuilt my buddies and out the boat,rebuilt,back in boat was 2 1/2 hours

DAFF
07-23-2011, 09:55 PM
ND=North dakota??

Nice boat, and I love the all white. Post some pics of the interior please. Might be time for another road trip.

Stickleback25
07-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Finally got a break to post some interior pics.
I might have found someone to fix the velvet drive. Waiting to hear back from him. He's checking to see if he can get the parts.

Stickleback25
07-27-2011, 01:47 PM
some of the interior has been redone (the dark grey with blue trim)
All of the wood seat frames were rebuilt with green treated lumber. spring of 2010

Still for sale! shoot me an offer And yeah. I live in central North Dakota

Thanks.