PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Supra Ballast Help

Boosted
07-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Hey Guys! I am a brand new member and also a brand new 2003 Supra Launch 22ssv owner! My question is to the guys that love their wake and know a little bit more about shaping it than I do. I am an advanced rider and like a big mellow wake. Im not a fan of the stubby rampy wakes so if someone could chime in on their setup for the 2003 Supra hull that would be awesome!

Let me know what you guys are doing!

Thanks

Garrett Parker

docdrs
07-17-2011, 11:08 PM
welcome to the forum I have a 21v so cant help ya, but sure someone will chime in

Patrick56
07-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Welcome,

I also have an 03' Launch SSV. I am a novice rider, but after two years with the boat I have found the following.

If you are riding without ballast I usually run the wake plate all the way up or 0% on the gauge. The wake is a little steep, but not big.

If you are riding with the ballast bags fully loaded (1,100 lbs stock) the wake gets too steep with the plate all the way up. As you run the plate down it will take the edge off the wake. I usually end up with the plate around 25% on the gauge.

Hope that helps.

Boosted
07-20-2011, 01:54 AM
Thank you soo much for the help and replys. I am very new to the supra forum and being a supra owner so its good to know there are plenty of guys out there willing to help out!

And this goes to DocDrs, Im not sure if you remember me but I am Garrettp89 on the Moomba forum. About three weeks ago I was posting about buying a 2008 Moomba Mobius and was asking about the vibration when put into gear and wanted to know what a new drive shaft etc would cost.

Anyhow, I guess it is clear that I did not get the Moomba and Instead I bought the Supra. I am very happy with the choice as this boat has been amazing so far and I am loving the wake!!!!!!!

Thanks GUYS

astinwes
07-20-2011, 01:20 PM
we have 1100 in the center locker (filled to probably 900lbs), and 440 lb sacs in the rear. with the plate at 25% up, the wake is really large but not steep. Obviously the more plate you add the steeper the wake gets. The only reason i don't fill the center sac to capacity is the locker is not large enough.

Diggs
07-20-2011, 03:57 PM
astinwes hit it. If you want to get mass and get rid of some of the steepness you will want to replace your front bag with the 1100 lb bag. You might already have it, cause many of the owners made this upgrade. If you still want it bigger and steeper get 650 lb bags for the back compartments. It will eat all your storage in that boat, but will make surfing easy and a monster wake.

jzelt
07-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Also, like Patrick, with the above setups, we pull around 21-24 mph depending on the rider. This speed seems to clean up the top of the wake from the white overflow.
Wakeplate around 1/4 to 1/2 from flat. All bags full. Make sure to adjust people as needed to each side to make the wake even. Our boat seems to be sensitive to 50 lbs on one side vs another.