PDA

View Full Version : Krypt KMA-4200

rtpaxton2
07-20-2011, 01:47 PM
I spoke with Ken today at bulletlines. They have a promo code that he is extending for anther 48 hours (it will end Friday July 22, 2011 probably at 08:00 am) for the Krypt KMA-4200. This code will take $70.00 off! If anyone is thinking about buying one, use the code EQ PROMO at check out and it makes the eq $149.99! Three day shipping was cheap too!

KG's Supra24
07-20-2011, 03:35 PM
It is is a great addition to any stereo setup. Absolutely love mine.

Yes, this is essentially a Wetsounds 420 ... at $150 :D

chrisk
07-20-2011, 11:02 PM
I got mine brand new for $130 shipped on eBay, just sayin... I think it even came straight from Bullet... they're just cheaper on their eBay store.

But yes, I installed mine two weeks ago and it's one of the coolest things I've added to the boat so far.

rtpaxton2
07-21-2011, 02:51 AM
I got mine brand new for $130 shipped on eBay, just sayin... I think it even came straight from Bullet... they're just cheaper on their eBay store.

But yes, I installed mine two weeks ago and it's one of the coolest things I've added to the boat so far.

You lucked out finding them on ebay. I have looked and can not find the EQ on ebay. I have found some speaker housings, but not the eq.

How difficult was it to install? Where did you mount it (under the drivers dash or by the stereo)?

chrisk
07-23-2011, 03:44 PM
They're everywhere on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARINE-AUDIO-EQ-WAKEBOARD-TOWER-SPEAKERS-EQUALIZER-MIC-/330584972754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf8665dd2

It was fairly easy to install, just takes quite a bit of RCA cable if you mount it under the driver's console like I did. I mounted it there for two main reasons.

1) I bought the thing so that I would have easy control of the volume. I like to be able to turn down the volume when I'm trying to concentrate, someone turns it up too much, or I need to say something.

2) I LOVE the PA mic feature, having it mounted under the driver's console allows me to use the mic whenever I want to talk to my rider/skier.

ATL_Adam
07-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Definitely on my to-do list. Cant wait to get mine ordered and installed!

rtpaxton2
07-26-2011, 05:38 PM
They're everywhere on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARINE-AUDIO-EQ-WAKEBOARD-TOWER-SPEAKERS-EQUALIZER-MIC-/330584972754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf8665dd2

It was fairly easy to install, just takes quite a bit of RCA cable if you mount it under the driver's console like I did. I mounted it there for two main reasons.

1) I bought the thing so that I would have easy control of the volume. I like to be able to turn down the volume when I'm trying to concentrate, someone turns it up too much, or I need to say something.

2) I LOVE the PA mic feature, having it mounted under the driver's console allows me to use the mic whenever I want to talk to my rider/skier.

Chris,

Thanks for the link. Apparently if you search the regular ebay you don't find them. Not really sure what the difference is between ebay and cgi.ebay?

I am planning on installing mine this weekend. How did you run your RCAs? Did you go around the bow or go under the floor to the driver's console? How much RCA cable did you use in your install?

Rodg

Canucker
07-26-2011, 11:26 PM
how does the boat connect feature work? FM transmitter?

Canucker
07-26-2011, 11:43 PM

nvm... its just a aux input according to the post below.

I have a FM transmitter that will do the same boat connect easier?

After I read the post above about the option to do this I wondered how it worked. So I looked up the manual for the 420 and I realized that all they were doing is hooking up a head phone cable between the boats. Then I thought anyone with a jack splitter and an aux input could do this exact same thing.

For some reason I was under the impression that this was done through bluetooth or some other wireless option. Not to knock the coolness of being able to play the same music in multiple boats but I mean running a long wire between the boats doesn't seem that appealing to me.

chrisk
07-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Glad to help, I believe I used 3 twelve foot RCA's, I might be wrong on that number.. maybe 4, just bought them from Wal-Mart. I ran them from inside the storage compartment behind the observer's seat where I have my amps, through the side wall in the compartment, and then down underneath the center storage/cooler area in the middle of my boat, then up into the driver's console area where the EQ is. I have an 85 Sunsport that has the cooler mounted between the windshields, there's about a one inch space between the bottom of it and the floor so it makes for a good place to run wires from the stereo area to the driver's area.

I'm not real sure how the boat connect thing works.. I was never planning on using it so I didn't care about it. But, from reading things I think it may be as lame as you have to physically connect each EQ between boats with aux cords so that when you play one they all play the same thing. If that's the case, I definitely will NEVER use the "feature." The PA is awesome though, as well as all of its other features.

rtpaxton2
07-27-2011, 01:01 AM

No, unfortunately it has to be a direct wire. I agree that it is some what lame, and will probably never get used... but it is an interesting concept. You would just need one really LONG 3.5mm jack and cord to reach another boat!