PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Issue

Skiline00
07-21-2011, 12:31 AM
I have a 05' 24SSV Gravity Addition.. 2 weeks ago we broke the damper plate while we were surfing. My dealer told me it was going to be 8 weeks before they could get to it so I decided to tackle the project myself. Tore the boat down, replaced the broken damper plate, and put it back together. Hooked up the "fake lake", fired it up, put it in gear, everything seems to be working correctly.. Later that day I noticed my radio wasn't working, turns out nothing was working.. All of my accessories were dead! Is there a breaker or a main fuse that I'm missing? I tried the breaker down by the battery but that doesn't seem to be it.

csuggs
07-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Did you disconnect a ground wire somewhere on the motor or trans when you were replacing the damper plate? That's what I would look for . . . the common thing with everything not working is ground.

Clint

Skiline00
07-21-2011, 09:26 AM
I did disconnect a couple of ground wires when I took it apart but I swear I put them all back. I'll look at it again tonight, thanks!

Skiline00
07-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Turns out, the breaker down my the battery went bad.. What are the chances of that? Ha!