PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Supra 21v -- Stock Kenwood Setup

c9403
07-22-2011, 06:55 PM
I have a 2006 Supra 21v with the stock Kenwood deck, amp and sub setup.

I am a total stereo noob, all I know is I like it loud and clear! lol

Recently, my subwoofer has just quit working. I was used to looking down below my feet while driving to see it thumping away. I pulled the screws and removed the sub from the false wall and confirmed it is not working. All the wires seem to be intact between the sub and the amp and the amp is powering the other speakers in the boat.

So, the question for all of you is how to troubleshoot the sub? Can I check the speaker connections with an volt meter to see if the deck/amp is putting power to the sub? Can I do the same on the sub terminals on the amp? Finally, I don't understand all the sub setup menus on the Kenwood deck, could I have turned off the amp function via the head unit? I found the amp on/off setting and it is on via the head unit, but I don't understand all the pass through and other settings.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

c9403
07-25-2011, 10:50 AM
So, after pulling the sub, testing it and checking the amp, I pulled the manual for the Kenwood head unit.

After some experimenting, I found it. If you press and hold the AM button, it will turn the subwoofer output from the head unit on and off.

WOW, that should have been a lot clearer in the manual, would have saved me a lot of time!

Chris