PDA

View Full Version : Supra Vision Help

pcar951
07-25-2011, 10:42 AM
My boat is equipped with the 2011 Vision system. There are some discrepancies between the features and functions explained in the manual and what I actually have. I know there are firmware updates available but, just wondering if anyone else can share their experiences as they worked with and updated Supra Vision?

At the moment, I'm not able to control stereo volume compensation as per the manual??

Diggs
07-25-2011, 11:04 AM
Did you click on the button on the left of the VISION that has the little music note on it? With mine you click on that and then you have the music screen. I can see the title and artist of the song playing (through the ipod) and then on the right hand side there are little up down arrows on the screen and you use the black buttons to the right of them to go up and down. I don't have it in front of me, but that is my recollection.

Is that what you are asking or is yours just not working? Or are you talking about the ability to change the auto volume control that raises and lowers the stereo volume when you get on plane and come off plane? I need to do the same thing and used to know how to do it. I will check into that on our next outing cause it is kind of annoying. In 2010 there was a number that you could control the fluctuation and I turned it off last year. I need to do the same this year if it is still in the same place.

pcar951
07-26-2011, 01:54 AM
My problem is that the volume increases too much on plane. I do have a field in user setup to adjust a volume value but it seems to be boot-up volume only. The manual indicates an adjustment on a screen that doesn't exist in my version of firmware it seems.

jdolotina
07-26-2011, 03:02 AM
Just curious, but where do we get the firmware updates from?

Thanks,
Josh D.

pcar951
07-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Just curious, but where do we get the firmware updates from?

Thanks,
Josh D.

Apparently from our dealers although, mine didn't know what I was talking about. Customer service told me that firmware updates could be loaded via ECOM.

Diggs
07-26-2011, 10:25 AM
pcar951
I know where I found that last year and it was easy to change. I think I remember finding it this year and it was grayed out and you could not adjust it. You are totally right it increases too much and if you are at just the right speed it keeps going high-low-high-low-high-low. I will have to remember to get in my boat tonight and try and figure it out. If I remember I will report back otherwise it will be the next time I am out on the boat.

Diggs
07-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Ok, I just adjusted mine and it works.
Hit the button on the bottom left of the VISION
Go to User Settings
Hit the Next arrow til it gets to the grayed out section that says Volume. Then use the up/down arrow to adjust. Mine was set at 7 which means it goes up 7 clicks when you get on plane. I adjusted mine to off and I will just do it manually, but if you still like the sound control maybe go to 5 and see how you like that.
Most important is hit Save/Exit before you back back out of it. Save is on the bottom right side. If you forget this, it restores back to the factory settings.

Good luck

pcar951
07-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks Diggs, I'll give it a try, we'll be on the water this weekend. My dealer is going to update firmware tomorrow, I'll let you all know how that works out.

pcar951
07-28-2011, 11:40 PM
I did the Supra Vision firmware update today. Actually ended up doing it myself, my dealer couldn't find the USB stick with the correct files so they emailed them to me and I loaded them myself...simple right. The first upload completely disabled the pumps and the wake plate, no joy. Called them back, they called SC and found out they had given me the wrong version (Clarion was supposed to be MB Quart??). Uploaded the correct version and all seems OK although I had to re-program all my rider profiles...twice. Good times, baking in the sun in my driveway with my neighbors asking "what's wrong with that fancy new boat, is it broken already?"

Anyhow, don't see a ton of difference with the new firmware other than the ability to override ballast drain for 1 minute intervals rather than the original 18 seconds but, I'm hoping there's some other magic in there. Diggs, you were right about the stereo volume compensation adjustment, it looks the same in the new firmware. So, in my driveway it doesn't look like much has changed. We're riding this weekend and I'll be looking for any improvement in the function of this new Vision Version!