PDA

View Full Version : New boat on the way.

WadsworthSunsport22V
07-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Well, I decided it was time to get a new boat. Perfect timing - right during the middle of the season. My wife and I just wanted something bigger. We have been entertaining quite a bit our boat, and we could use the extra room.

So, I pulled the trigger on a 2011. And, this might be my last post on the Supra Forum, I have jumped shipped to Malibu. I am picking up my new Wakestter 24LSV on Saturday. After sitting in the boat and driving it I fell in love and compared to my Sunsport, this thing is a monster. I am not 100% sold on the wedge, but I am sure we will check it out. My only concern is the size of the fuel tank - 84 gallons. Filling this thing up is going to hurt. Hopefully, the it will the large tank mean less trips to the fuel pump.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb116/WadsworthSunsport22V/IMG_0020.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb116/WadsworthSunsport22V/IMG_0025.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb116/WadsworthSunsport22V/IMG_0030.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb116/WadsworthSunsport22V/IMG_0022.jpg

michael hunter
07-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Congrats on the new baby. We looked at the 242 when we were shopping. That thing is a monster. One of the best stereos I have ever heard. Don't stop posting here you are still welcome no matter what you own.

KG's Supra24
07-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Great boat! That is probably my favorite wakeboat. The one I'd trade mine for on the spot.

Congrats! You're welcome here, I'd love to see water pics.

docdrs
07-27-2011, 09:04 AM
nice new boat .....I like the clean looking dash

KY Steve
07-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Nice & congrats!!!!!! I really like the color scheme.

If you spent that kinda jack on the boat the gas is just a minimal expense, you cant worry about that.

Tim405
07-27-2011, 10:38 AM
I'd say something meaningful but I'm drooling too much.... !!!

dusty2221
07-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Absolutely beautiful man.

jet
07-27-2011, 06:30 PM
WARNING LABEL: WATCH OUT!! 3-of us rode behing on last night..and all 3-of us are hurt!! I have small concussion, small left foot sprang and tore my shoulder acl a little more and cant lift my arm up over my head much. Bobby-hurt shoulder/stephen-hurt leg. "I will crrush you" movie quote?? Rocky is right!! this wake will crrush you. Use the Med setting for boarding. lol. You will like the wedge-xoxo check out the wake between 15-19 mph no white wash, the fly-by-wire steering wheel is weird..you get zero feed back from rutter or cable. It feels like a toy, lol. But you will love her. Your looks awsome!!

tg0824SSVGG
07-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Pretty new boat! With that tank full, are you sure you don't really need 3 axles on the trailer?

Like others have said -- you don't have to leave, we still let Travis (Fman) post here!

Aaron187
07-28-2011, 10:41 AM
two weekends ago i seen one where the guy had like 3000lb of ballast under the left rear compartment that ran half way up the left side. Then had 1100lb bag sitting on top of the left seat. Holy smokes I gotta catch up with him to surf. He was sitting at the sand bar and the boat looked like it was sinking on one side. congrads on the new boat :razz:

Mobius22
07-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Great looking boat, I have never been fond of that steering wheel though

jaywidhalm
07-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Congrats, I am sure you will be pleased! Check back from time to time and share some of your pics.

riverrat
08-12-2011, 10:23 PM
i am currently doing the opposite of you. maybe trading my 08 VLX on a 242. i love the wake on a malibu i have a buddy with a 247 and that wake is NICE. hope you enjoy!
oh and the wedge is good for surfing or if you dont have much weight in the boa to harden and peak up the wake. only draw backs are if you bend it...which is pretty hard to do...or if you break the plastic caps on the acctuaters. then you have to replace the whole acctuater at 375 a piece. i know that because mine are broken

best of luck with the new boat!!

jet
08-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Yep..my buddies new wakesetter just blew the the actuators and locked up the wedge.

jonyb
08-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Oh man, I'm jealous! Love the colors, and that's the exact boat I've wanted.... Too rich for my blood though. Enjoy!

scotthons
08-18-2011, 04:34 PM
That thing is absolutely beatiful!

gcollier
08-20-2011, 01:27 AM
Very nice looking boat.

WadsworthSunsport22V
08-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks - I put in my first tank of fuel - and my wife was shocked! My Supra only had a 40 gallon tank. I do not think I ever let it get to 1/3 tank. Usually 20 g was all we needed to fill her up. I just put in 80 gallons at the dock. Ouch.

gcollier
08-26-2011, 01:53 AM
I have a 50 gal tank and I bet you were saying OUCH when you filled 80 gallons up at the dock. I always fill up off the lake because its way more expensive at the dock.

Fman
09-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Congrats on your 247! Malibu builds a nice product, the 247 is a surfing machine, let us know how you like the wakeboard wake.... my VLX has been pretty solid this season, and the wake is just sweet. Use the power wedge, its pretty amazing... there is a reason Malibu has a patent on them.

Enjoy, and get out and ride! also like your color scheme.... boat looks sick.

Fman
09-04-2011, 08:32 PM
WARNING LABEL: WATCH OUT!! 3-of us rode behing on last night..and all 3-of us are hurt!! I have small concussion, small left foot sprang and tore my shoulder acl a little more and cant lift my arm up over my head much. Bobby-hurt shoulder/stephen-hurt leg. "I will crrush you" movie quote?? Rocky is right!! this wake will crrush you. Use the Med setting for boarding. lol. You will like the wedge-xoxo check out the wake between 15-19 mph no white wash, the fly-by-wire steering wheel is weird..you get zero feed back from rutter or cable. It feels like a toy, lol. But you will love her. Your looks awsome!!

Malibu does not use a fly-by-wire steering wheel, they do use a fly-by-wire throttle, this is why its like butter when you put it in gear. The steering system uses a standard cable set-up. One of the great things about the malibu is the quad hard tank ballast system, totally user friendly for all levels of riders. Sounds like you guys went full tilt, with full ballast and wedge.... this will launch you if you are not ready for it!

WadsworthSunsport22V
09-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Malibu does not use a fly-by-wire steering wheel, they do use a fly-by-wire throttle, this is why its like butter when you put it in gear. The steering system uses a standard cable set-up. One of the great things about the malibu is the quad hard tank ballast system, totally user friendly for all levels of riders. Sounds like you guys went full tilt, with full ballast and wedge.... this will launch you if you are not ready for it!

We spent the weekend at Smith Mountain Lake and had a blast. I had to do a lot of low speed turns and defiantly felt feedback in the steering. A lot more feedback than I am accustom too with my Supra. Of course, we burned through about 70 gallons of fuel rather quickly and pricey.

Fman
09-07-2011, 01:08 AM
We spent the weekend at Smith Mountain Lake and had a blast. I had to do a lot of low speed turns and defiantly felt feedback in the steering. A lot more feedback than I am accustom too with my Supra. Of course, we burned through about 70 gallons of fuel rather quickly and pricey.

The 247 is a huge boat, and heavy... not surprised you feel it in the wheel, lot of weight pushing on the steering/rudder system. Have you joined "Malibu Crew" yet? Good group of people, and a wealth of knowledge on these boats. Hope you are enjoying the 247...

WadsworthSunsport22V
09-08-2011, 11:40 PM
The 247 is a huge boat, and heavy... not surprised you feel it in the wheel, lot of weight pushing on the steering/rudder system. Have you joined "Malibu Crew" yet? Good group of people, and a wealth of knowledge on these boats. Hope you are enjoying the 247...

Yes, I am on the Malibu crew too "midlothianwakesetter" is me. Love the 247, wish I purchased it at the beginning of the season!