PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Problem, Stereo Problem, Bilge PRoblem, Board Rack P

GL Rider
05-09-2005, 03:48 PM
I just bought an 04 SSV Gravity Games last fall and I've got a few problems. Last fall I purchased it and everything worked great except the stereo. The stereo has always had a problem. When I turn it up to a certain level, the sub cuts out. This is really annoying. I'm not sure if it is the wiring or the head unit or what. ANyone have a similar problem or a fix?

The right rear ballast worked fine last fall, this spring it will not empty. It fills fine, but when I go to empty it, the pump doesn't even turn on. Anyone have a similar problem or a fix for this?

The shower worked fine last fall, but this spring there is no pressure at all. It is possible that it may have frozen this winter, I forgot to winterize the shower itself. Is there a plastic impellar in the shower or something that could have cracked this winter? Again, if anyone may have had this problem or knows what to look for, help me out? Also, what is the best way to winterize the shower itself?

I was putting on the board racks this spring and I was just tightening down one of them and the handle snapped off. Mako manufactures the boardracks for Supra I believe. Also, the screws on each of the boardracks has rusted badly. WIll Mako or Supra replace these parts?

Last, the bilge pump gets stuck in the on position. Not usually when I manually run the bilge, but usually when it kicks on automatically. I think the float switch is just getting stuck but it may be something else. ANy suggestions? It is a pain in the butt to move all the seats and remove the access panel everytime to turn the bilge off.

thanks for any help you might be able to give me.

Later...

Brian Raymond
05-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Bring all of your issues to your dealers attention, then, on your next sceduled service made by appointment, they are aware of your issues and can render them at this time. I suggest having the dealer or a reputable marina familiar with inboards do your winterizations. It may seem costly up front, but with heaters, showers ballasts and motors, it gives one good assurance that it is done correctly, and if it is not, it is thier issue at hand to repair. Brian Raymond

catdaddy76
05-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Well, I had a lot of the same issues.
On the ballast tank... there are three fuses under the dash on the upper left side one controls the rear empty pump and it is probably blown. Easy fix, I always keep a few spare fuses on board.
On the wakeboard rack... I did the exact same thing. I called mako and sent the broken handle to them and they sent me two new ones in case it happened again. As far as the screws go, Mine are also rusted, and I have not changed them yet.
As far as the sub goes... I have not had these issues. Sounds like a dealer fix to me, and I did not get the shower on mine, so I can't help you there, but 2 out of 4 aint bad!!

05-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the help, I will have it fixed very shortly. The dealer is 4 weeks out on service calls(that time of the year I guess), so I should be able to take care of this myself. Thanks again.

GL Rider
05-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks guys. Does anyone have a phone number for Mako or a website address? I found their website, but it appears to be under construction. Does anyone know where I could find their contact info.? Customer Service or such?

Brian Raymond
05-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Contact; [email protected] for names and #'s for Mako. Brian Raymond