PDA

View Full Version : Thank you the Supra forum is back

michael hunter
08-10-2011, 10:54 PM
I am so thankful the forum is back . I even went so far as to visit the MC,BU and Axis forums. Welcome back Supra Forum.

ScottnAz
08-10-2011, 11:19 PM
What a nice surprise this evening.

Canucker
08-10-2011, 11:31 PM
lots of images no longer working

doofus
08-11-2011, 12:54 AM
Ok..What happened...looks like the site was given a full revamp and spit polish...Not too sure on this new format though

rtpaxton2
08-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Ok..What happened...looks like the site was give a revamp and spit polish...Not too sure on this new format though

I called Supra's Tech support and they told me that someone hacked the site and destroyed a lot of information on the server! BLASTED hackers!! They should be treated the same as terrorists!

Ptownkid
08-11-2011, 01:05 AM
I don't hate it....but there are a lot of broken links. Also, the search seems to not work at all...i typed saltare and got no hits...errrrrrr

csuggs
08-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Wow - new look. This will take some getting used to . . .

DAFF
08-11-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm happy just to se anything other than the dead link !!!!!

KG's Supra24
08-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Finallly!!! Def going to take some getting used to but at least I don't have to wade through the bs on wakeworld to get my fix.

lively
08-11-2011, 11:55 AM
anbody doing a restoration on there's ? i saw a guy on here that cut out his sides for cup holder compartments ... i cant remember what his name was but just was curious ...... i have posted a new thread for 1986 supra sunsport any help would be greatly appreciated !!

SUPRA FORUMS !!!!!!

stringers,rubrail,interior, velvet drive , new floor

jet
08-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Let me get this out...WHERE THE BEEP HAVE YALL BEEN, BEEP...BEEP..HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO BEEP..BEEP..I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET SOME BEEP..BEEP..BEEP DONE!!!

there.....awww!

devovino
08-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Finallly!!! Def going to take some getting used to but at least I don't have to wade through the bs on wakeworld to get my fix.

I hear yah, I did find wakeworlds forum as I was Jonesing, found a few interesting things, but missed the Supra owners forum! Its a brotheren. Anywhoo, yeah been logging on and finally it worked, I have to say I wont miss the dude with the hooodie on the top right starring at me everytime I log in!

haugy
08-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Fawk that, when I realized I was on WakeWorld I knew I was desperate. I hate that place with a passion.

Glad things are back. My only concern was that we would lose all the valuable information that has been posted in these forums. There is so much to learn from the collective group that has been posted. Hopefully we didn't lose much.

whelchel86
08-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Very happy to see this back up and running. WW has some useful info if you have a $50k+ boat, but it kinda reminds me of that time I watched Jersey Shore with all the stupid bickering that goes on there.

chrisk
08-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Man I've been checking religiously to see if this site was back up and when I click on the bulletin board link on the Supra website it doesn't work, so I just assumed the forum was still down. I had no idea it's been up and running since yesterday! So glad it's back though.

whelchel86
08-11-2011, 04:25 PM
When did this forum get an "audio & video" section? Was this just added when the site came back up or has it been on here a little while? Dates on threads in that section go back to June something... Either way, I'm glad to see it.

Salty87
08-11-2011, 04:48 PM
i'm in TX...let's secede! lol

seriously, i think we should start our own board for older supras. skier's choice era owners would be invited of course. why should be continue to add info and knowledge to this site?

i'm grumpy from being stuck with ww.

chrisk
08-11-2011, 04:55 PM
whelchel, the A/V section has been up for a little while now, the dates are right.

Ptownkid
08-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Honestly...I really think that a classic supra forum might be a really good idea. As much as i love Supra and Skiers choice, no one from the company ever really seems to be on here and the forum is not really well maintained considering how much activity it sees.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that this place exists at all...but it would be really nice to see more interaction from actual skiers choice employees.

Also; it appears that none of the old content is searchable at all...that's a big problem.....annnnnnnd we already have spam.

Cheers

mapleleaf
08-11-2011, 10:29 PM
well schucks, I'm just happy to see y'all here...ok fine, I went to WW, it aint the same.....I won't go back....

haugy
08-12-2011, 11:13 AM
I think we should keep the forum combined. Alot of newer boats are using some very cool ideas that we can benefit from. As well as those of us who do our own work can help provide and educate newer boat owners on maintenance tips, ideas, and budget friendly options.

We can't progress if we stay stuck in the past. And how are we to spread the word of our beauties, if we only talk to ourselves?

chrisk
08-12-2011, 11:39 AM
I agree, we each have things to learn from each other. Could maybe consider a separate category on this forum that tackles just common projects and problems with the classic boats, but I don't think a separate forum all together would be wise.

Salty87
08-12-2011, 12:05 PM
i'm thinking more of an owner's forum from whatever year. that's what we basically are now since skier's choice is never here.

the only thing this site has going for it is the members, why do we stick around here with the spam?

haugy
08-12-2011, 12:11 PM
That comes down to the mods. We only have a few mods that are in here regularly enough anymore to really moderate the spam quickly.

Plus with the new Vbulletin software, it should help knockdown on hacking. We just have to do our own housecleaning. Like we would at any forum. Skier's Choice is providing this to us free of charge. We'd be fools to try and go do our own thing. We'd encounter the same headaches and problems they do.

We just need to look at maybe some different or more mods that can help keep the spam out.

Ptownkid
08-12-2011, 01:06 PM
The problem is that this forum is rarely taken care of properly...I am more than happy to stay here, and i would prefer to for sure, but the only people with any real power to fix things are never here and I find that really annoying.

Within less than 24 hours of this forum being back up there was already a spam post, and NONE of the content from the old forum shows up in searches...the search thing is workable as I just use google search specific to this forum, but there's absolutely no reason there should be spam.

Like I said, I appreciate this place, and I appreciate that it takes effort to maintain a forum, but the simple fact it this...the forum sells boats, both new and resale, creates awareness for the brand, and provides FREE support for buyers via other owners experience. I'd like to see Skiers choice trying a little harder considering we're doing all the work...

PS - I will happily throw my hat in to moderate, I'm here all the time, post heavily, and have solid computer skills.

Cheers

wotan2525
08-12-2011, 01:35 PM
vBulletin takes a while on a new install to index all of the threads. I'm sure it's working in the background on building the index....

Ptownkid
08-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Doubtful...even a simple search for the word "supra" only returns anything posted or replied to since the upgrade.

Jetlink
08-14-2011, 04:12 PM
I'll throw my name into the hat for mod consideration as well.