PDA

View Full Version : 87 Supra Sunsport

vvfdfirefighter
08-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Ok guys I have ran across an 87 sunsport that is being parted out. 351 pcm with under 600 original hours. I currently own an 87 marauder with a 454 aka beast. The boat is being parted out because the floor is gone and he didnt like the 6-8 grand price tag for a new floor. Im having issues on what my suggested purchase price of this boat should be. I want it but im not wanting to spend more than 1500 for it considering im not sure ill restore it or just pop that cap on my hull so mine will be an open bow. What price do you all suggest. trailer included.

vvfdfirefighter
08-11-2011, 12:58 AM
Ok guys I have ran across an 87 sunsport that is being parted out. 351 pcm with under 600 original hours. I currently own an 87 marauder with a 454 aka beast. The boat is being parted out because the floor is gone and he didnt like the 6-8 grand price tag for a new floor. Im having issues on what my suggested purchase price of this boat should be. I want it but im not wanting to spend more than 1500 for it considering im not sure ill restore it or just pop that cap on my hull so mine will be an open bow. What price do you all suggest. trailer included.

In case anyone was wondering. since I rarely hear any talk about the marauders on here, it a sunsport with a closed bow.

michael hunter
08-11-2011, 05:27 AM
If you can buy it for 1500 and take the top cap I would think you can get at least that much for the trailer, engine and trans. How much would he want for just the top cap?

vvfdfirefighter
08-11-2011, 08:29 AM
he doesnt have prices listed for anything. Just asked me to make an offer. I would like to have the trailer sjnce its a true supra trailer and mine isnt. I was figuring 500 for the engine, 100 for the Velvet drive and 600 for the trailer. Does offering 1200 sound fair for the whole package ? Depending on how bad the floor really is i might restore who knows but i just want to offer a fair price while also catching a good deal. I do have a bit of an advantage, mastercraft ant natique are popular in my area. my boat and his are the only 2 supra's in the area. I had to travel 6 hours to buy mine.

lively
08-11-2011, 11:14 AM
ill buy the exhaust manifolds and velvet drive , and the spotters seat if you get it !! take pics !! im restoring one as we speak ita 86 sunsport with open bow let me know [email protected] thanks

castlesecurity
08-16-2011, 11:58 PM
I take the motor if you get it

vvfdfirefighter
08-24-2011, 01:15 AM
sorry all i offered him 3 and he laughed at me...so ill let him part it out himself since he thinks he's sitting on a gold mine