PDA

View Full Version : Shold swim platform float?

peligroso
08-12-2011, 06:41 AM
Supra launch 22 ssv -04

My swim platform just doesn't appear to behave right.
closest to the boat (where it is attached) it is above water, but then it tilts downwards so that the outer end of the platform is a few inches below water. People who see it thinks the whole boat is sinking.

After inspecting the attachment device, I noticed that there is a lot of room for the platform attachment wedge on the platform to move, both in and out and up and down. It made me think that the platform should probably float on the water. That is the only way it makes sens to have design the attachment device with so much play . However, the outer part of my platform is not afloat so it might be damaged or something.

Can anyone confirm that the platform is supposed to float?

Anyone has or have had with similar problems? Solutions?

Cheers!
/P

michael hunter
08-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Some pics would help. Both of my boats the platform is level and just touching the water when stopped.

peligroso
08-12-2011, 09:18 AM
would you say the platform is fixed, or is it floating on the water?
(Ill try and find som pics)

Ptownkid
08-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Is the platform loose? I'm positive that it should not be loose...

Salty87
08-12-2011, 10:22 AM
^ yup, there should be no wiggle or water could easily rip it off. they don't float then. lol

michael hunter
08-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Very slight movement with the removable brackets.

ditchsnake
08-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Mine does the same thing on a 2008 22ssv. It doesn't fit tight in the brackets so thats where the slop is coming from.

peligroso
09-16-2011, 02:29 AM
After inspecting the platform I found that the wedges are worn out like crazy. Both at the part where they go into the brackets and also around the screw that attach them at the bottom.
Does anyone know where I can buy new wedges?

beast 496
09-16-2011, 08:50 AM
http://www.alloymarine.com/indexII/Alloy-Marine-Home.html
Check out the provided link. They build many OEM brackets for swim platforms. Possible the exact version's you have. More than likely they will help with the brackets if there is a design problem. Al