PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone! New member here!

MXZDrew
08-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Hello Everyone!

Just posted my first post in the service forum but thought I would say a formal hello here in the General Chat.

We are from the West Michigan area near Muskegon and are the proud owners of a new to us 2007 Supra 22SSV. Having a blast on it and really enjoying getting us all into the boarding and surfing. Most of us in our family have a pretty deep snowboarding background so we figured this would be a great summer activity for us all. I took to it pretty quickly and followed that up with some coaching at a local wake park and that was great for getting my form as it should be. Tonight we got our 13yo daughter up for the first time and what a RIOT that was! She was so proud as were all of us! It was short lived and we quit while she was ahead but later this weekend should prove to be very fun for her!

Just ordered up some upgrades to our ballast system and the last of that arrives Monday. Very excited to get the surf wake dialed as well!

Here is a pic of our new boat, we'll try to get some water shots up soon as well!

Drew

MXZDrew
08-13-2011, 12:00 AM
I swear, every forum has tricks for getting pictures to show up right! If anyone can pass along what I need to do to make this picture larger, let me know. Thanks!

ScottnAz
08-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Welcome to the Supra forum Drew,
Sounds like you guys are already having a ball on the new boat, and it's a very proud moment to share in your kids' enjoyment of the sport.
Be sure to post up more pictures after the weekend of fun

I host all my pictures on photobucket, so can't be of much assistance, however, let's see if this works.....

https://forum.supraboats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7635&d=1313207568

Ptownkid
08-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Welcome man! Beautiful boat, love the colour. Be careful, this place becomes very addictive very fast.

Cheers

SupraTamu
08-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Welcome to the club. I am glad to see somebody getting use out of there boat. This has been a really bad summer here in Texas with no rain. Our lake is down about 43 feet. Down to one public boat ramp. Lots of accidents occurring due to the lake level. Lake was lower than this in the summer of 2009 as well.

Okie Boarder
08-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Welcome. I agree...that is a nice color scheme!

KG's Supra24
08-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Welcome, good looking boat!

scotthons
08-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Sweet looking boat! Congrats.

MXZDrew
08-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks for all the compliments guys and the kind welcomes! The color scheme really sold us on this boat too. We wanted a Supra and were looking for one but once I seen this one it was a done deal. Needed a little more to make it up to our standards on quality but nothing that was expensive. Just some cleaning and mild repairs to some vinyl and bimini. Have a couple of small mechanical things to get in order and then we'll be there on a new condition boat.

SupraTamu, I have heard of your woes in Texas this year and feel for you for sure. In the big picture the problems extend much beyond not being able to use boats so I really hope you guys get the weather needed to get those water levels back up. I am sure it will be awhile as it should be. You don't need flash floods but a nice turn of consistent rain would be welcomed I am sure. I have battled horrible seasons here as well but more in winter and not getting near the snow we need to ride snowmobiles. It's no fun to be invested into toys that you can hardly use. Best of luck to all you in the drought states to things getting right again!