PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Kysor Medallion

bpskis
05-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Once again the gauges on my 99 legacy are not working. This is the third unit we will have replaced, on top of changing the ground around. This time around the unit was completely filled with water. I believe the Orings around the Speedo pickups lost their seal, what a bad design. I have had to replace one of these EVERY season on either our '99 legacy or '00 legacy. I think from now on I am going to unplug the speedo over the winter, becuase I think the water is not draining properly in there and freezing, causing a loss of seal. I will probably have to end up paying for this, even though it has never been right. Brian, I might be talking to you or someone there at the factory if I have enough time and I if I get any more frustrated. Has anyone had success in dealing with this problem? Either way, they are great boats with not much trouble. It makes it rough losing two to three weeks every summer though.

btw-I will try and get a pic of the inside filled with water later. I cleaned it out, but a lot of the contacts are corroded, with some missing, so I think it is done for.