PDA

View Full Version : ballast upgrade help

winterskid
08-17-2011, 12:12 PM
I would like to upgrade my bags on my 2009 worlds 21V 409 cat what to go with. What is to big and what will fit with no mods. Help please

ProZach415
08-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Fly High 750s work well in the rear; the 1100s wont do you much better. They should plug right in. Supra started cementing the fittings into the bags so you will probably want to buy new fitting for the sacs.

Integrated bow sack is a nice addition to the front. and open Bow sack on top of that if you want to get crazy!

winterskid
08-17-2011, 02:08 PM
I just ordered 750's for the back and a 1180 for the front thanks for the help

Aaron
2009 worlds 21V 409cat

KG's Supra24
08-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Zachs wake is the best I have seen. Listen to his recommendations! Ha.

ProZach415
08-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks Kyle!

Diggs
08-17-2011, 05:48 PM
winterskid
Hope you did not order yet.....
The 09 21V has a new hull and top deck and the 1180lb bag will not fit in there. If it it was a 05'-08' then I would totally agree. Not even close on the 09' and newer. I would suggest cancelling that and sticking with the 650 and loading lead up there to compensate for it.
Here is my personal recommendation on an 09.
FRONT: Get the 650 or an 800 that will fit in there. Line another 400 lbs in lead. If you can waterproof it, line it all under the bag in the center locker. If you can't water proof it then put a bit by the left foot of the driver, right side of the clamshell storage (where your batteries are), some in the little compartment when you first open the center locker and maybe a bit more up front.
BACK: Get 2 650lb bags and run them back there. They are a bit better than the 750's cause they are longer and shorter. Allows you to have more storage on top of the bags and brings the weight forward a bit.

Bottom line is this boat likes more weight forward so if you put to much in the back you will see your wake will wash after about 75'-78'. It will be steep and monstrous, but you will have to speed up the boat to make up for it. it will be more sensitive with weight side to side too. I still always try to sit any passengers up near the driver instead of in the back.

You will have to get your fittings off your current bags and move them over. It will be very stressful, but they will come off. Heat gun or a hair dryer will help. Heat it for a solid 5 mins and start using some muscle. It will come off. I have struggled with it for a long time and always get them right when I am ready to give up, but you will get them. Someone had another suggestion to get them off, but I am not sure what that was anymore. The guys at Wakemakers will have some advice as well on getting them off.

Good luck and if you need pics of where I stash my lead I can take some pics.
-

winterskid
08-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Cancled my order and reordered 650 for the back. I don't want to use lead who makes a bag that will fit. Thanks

Diggs
08-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Wakemakers.com will custom fit you a bag and should get you close to 1000 lbs I bet. Call them up. They measured my boat last year, but if they don't have the measurements, let me know and I can get them to measure mine again. They are local. You should just order all your bags from them and discuss how they pull the old fittings out of the bags. Let me know if you have other questions.

KG's Supra24
08-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Can you not use the integrated bow sac in the new 21v?

If i remember correctly, Zach is running the stock bag in the locker and then has the integrated bow sac for the additional front weight.

Diggs
08-18-2011, 12:47 PM
KG
Yeah you can probably do that too. I have not spoken to anyone doing that, but I would imagine it would be the same effect, but you would just lose all your storage up there. I was really bummed on the new locker under the playpen in 2009. It got so much smaller and that was one of the best things about the 21V.