PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Sunsport 242 losing power

mkds650
08-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I have had this happen to me twice already and I am not sure what is going or why I am having this issue so if anyone can help that would be great.

I have had by Supra out a couple of times and twice I have had an issue where I am running around on the Lake about 30MPH and then all of a sudden the boat just looses power and slows down to 20MPH. If I try to move the throttle down to go faster it does nothing. The RPMs are tacking around 3 grand.

My first thought was that my cruse control had come on but when I look at the display screen it is showing off and there is no error on the screen. If I stop the boat all together but not shut it off I can not go over 20MPH. If I stop the boat then shut the boat off and restart it then I am all good to go.

I have taken this issue back to the dealer where I have purchased the boat and they have not been able to find anything wrong with the boat yet. So if anyone has had this issue and been able to find a fix then please help me out....

Swamplandkarl
08-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Hi there,
Ive had a few issues with my new Supra and was unable to resolve the problem with my dealer and called Skiers Choice directly, they were able to help me working with the dealer to resolve my problems.
I think alot of times the dealers dont do the proper research "like calling Skiers Choice for advise"

I would give them a call 800-320-2779

Good Luck,

Swamp....

mkds650
08-26-2011, 06:54 AM
Swamp,

Thanks for your advice....I will give them a call directly and see what they have to say....

Thanks again!!

jaywidhalm
08-31-2011, 10:38 PM
Keep us posted on what you find out!