PDA

View Full Version : Finally fixed my Polisher so I could clean up my Hull

stinky_1
08-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I broke my power polisher a couple years ago buffing up my last boat. I finally got some time to fix that, and figured I would get started on cleaning the hull up on my Sunsport.

I think it came out pretty good. its no where near a glass like mirror finish, but its much improved over before. Check out the before and after pics

Salty87
08-19-2011, 08:08 PM
looks good. ever use finesse it afterward? broke my buffer too, harbor freight lol. what happened to your port side roller sticker?

your boat has fender clips. i see those on lots of supras, thinking it was an option from the factory. those work great, imo.

stinky_1
08-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Never have tried or heard of finese it. I used 400 grit wet sand. Then 1000 grit. Then a heavy buffing compound and followed it up with some marine polish.

The sticker on the back is actually where there was a pretty deep hull crack. It had gone right through. I sanded it down and re fiberglassed. What you see there are the left overs of my patch job. One day I may try to paint match it, but for now I just don't look at it. You can see the tape residue from the before pics where the previous owner just covered it uP rather than fix it

I am happy with the results. I have some new supra stickers coming in the mail to update the look a bit

Salty87
08-19-2011, 10:05 PM
not sure if i got these online or local. looks like you've already got the bases installed on your hull. one near the windshield and another near the rear seats.

get a few of these and tie your fender lines through the hoops in them:
http://www.iboats.com/mall/image/view/4/4/32116_2.jpg

link to nylon inserts: http://www.iboats.com/Traditional-Boat-Fender-Lock-Nylon-Locking-Peg-Taylor-Made/dm/cart_id.490940615--session_id.827536280--view_id.169062

pre-set your lines to the right length and never have to mess with anything other than dropping the plastic piece into the slot. the bases by the windshield are in almost the perfect spot at the widest part.

DAFF
08-20-2011, 05:52 AM
My first thought was to hide the patch job woth a nice fancy sticker...... As for the polishing job looks great. Be thankfull the boat is not red.

cadunkle
08-20-2011, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the link to those nylon inserts. Someone put those clips for bumpers on my boat in the past and I may as well use them, but don't have the things to clip the line into them.

stinky_1
08-20-2011, 09:20 AM
I am deff glad the boat is not red. I loved the blue when I bought it. I love it even more now that its cleaner.

I think today I am going to take the rainbow sticker off both sides. Should make it look even better then. Ill have to see what I can find for a sticker to cover that spot up. Any suggestions for something that will keep it clean, but still cover it?

Also I had no idea what those clip things were for. I wonder if they have those plastic clip parts somewhere in the boat all ready. Ill have to take a look!