PDA

View Full Version : Supra Wave sticker on my boat is coming off

robdaniel1
08-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Any recommendations on what to use to put it back on?

Spary adhesive?
Super Glue?

Ed G
08-21-2011, 07:43 AM
I sure wouldn't use super glue. No telling what that would do to your gelcoat.

You could contact "Rugburn" on the Moomba forums for info.

He owns a sign shop (signedge) and is very willing to help others out.

e

ruby23m
08-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Any recommendations on what to use to put it back on?

Spary adhesive?
Super Glue?

I removed all the stickers including the supra wave on my Saltare, then found some new ones on ebay. There are tons of different sizes and colors to choose from for pretty low prices. Maybe go that route?

oward1202
08-22-2011, 12:13 PM
How did you get your wave sticker off? I got all the other decals off but the wave seemed to be different and was definitely put on for the long haul. I ended up wiping it down with alcohol and all the color wiped off and just left a clear decal on the boat. Which is fine but it shows some old dirt at the edges when looking at it close.

ruby23m
08-22-2011, 06:57 PM
How did you get your wave sticker off? I got all the other decals off but the wave seemed to be different and was definitely put on for the long haul. I ended up wiping it down with alcohol and all the color wiped off and just left a clear decal on the boat. Which is fine but it shows some old dirt at the edges when looking at it close.

I used a razor blade (very carefully) to get it off, then wetsanded with 500, then 1000 grit sandpaper to get rid of the old grime. See if that works!

jet
08-25-2011, 06:36 PM
You need to use a heat gun and soffin it up. Then use razor and just scrap lightly. It takes alot of time..I think I spent 1-day on each side just to get the big stuff off then had to go back and get the rest. ITS NOT FUN. lol

scottchapin
08-25-2011, 06:58 PM
To get the stickers off go to a wrap shop. They have a special rubber wheel that goes on a hand grinder like thing. Works really fast and doesn't do the damage a razor blade might.