PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Supra Sunsport

jaykremm
08-21-2011, 12:28 AM
Hello,
I'm located in Sharpsville, Pa, about an hour norht of Pittsburgh. I have a 1988 Supra Sunsport for sale. It's got the standard 351 Ford PCM Engine with Velvet Drive Transmission and has 797 hours. It has a Bimini Top, a Skylon Extended Pole is included and I've installed a home made version of a Fresh Air Exhaust System (reduces noise and fumes behind the boat). As the second owner, I've had the boat 11 years. It's been has been a reliable family ski boat and we put about 40 hours per year on it. It's been well maintained and is basically ready to go as it sits. Its not perfect, the interior is very good, but the back sundeck could use recovered and the cover is only fair. I have recently replaced the trailer tires (the old ones were cracking). I have plenty more pictures I can email, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I believe I have it priced to sell, I'm asking $6,600.
Thanks
Jay Kremm
[email protected]
724-962-6040

michael hunter
08-21-2011, 08:10 AM
That is a very reasonable price how is the floor and stringers?

jaykremm
08-21-2011, 09:03 AM
I believe they are both good. I did do some work to the floor about 3 (4?) years ago. I replaced the insert just behind the dogbox and the area just in front of the dogbox (beside the driver, between the stringers, with cutouts for the ski pole and the bilge). I'm guessing this a common weak spot due to the cutouts. In both areas I used 3/4 trated plywood and recovered it with the original carpet (which is still in good shape). There are no issues with the stringers that I can see. There is no movement or cracking in the fiberglass encasement and I can apply torque to the motor mount lag screws. If anyone has a better suggested check to confirm the condition of the stringers, please just let me know
Thanks, Jay

mapleleaf
08-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Great looking boat and trailer, good luck with the sale.....if this was next spring I might have had to come down for a look!!