PDA

View Full Version : putting puzzle back together

stellergoal
08-21-2011, 01:35 AM
Traded an 84 Monte Carlo prodject for an 84 supra prodject. Things left un done gas tank is out. blower motor is out. needs new steering system, bildge pump, a "filter container?" for the coolig water. Some wirering hooked up. Just not sure how it goes back together. If anyone has any pics of a prodject they have done showing any of that, that would be great.
Thanks
Neil

Salty87
08-21-2011, 03:42 PM
welcome steller

none of that is too difficult. www.skidim.com has everything you need. they're great at answering questions too. i have a picture of the gas tank wiring but can't find it.

blower motors are in different spots in different years. basically, you want a hose to drop down into the bilge connected to the intake side of the blower fan. the fans themselves are usually under a rear seat although some years had them in the bilge from what i've read. the exhaust side of the fan gets connected to a discharge hose that blows out the rear vents on the stern. this is a pic of mine pre-rebuild. the white hose is the exhaust side.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/salty87/P9240075.jpg

the filter container might be a sea strainer. check the skidim site. it's nothing but an inline filter for your water intake. it's possible to suck up debris and overheat. sea strainer keeps that crap outta the cooling system.

post back with specifics, this board will get you on the water in no time.

stellergoal
08-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks. Been looking at the diffrent posts getting an idea of what goes where. Some cool ideas for adding things too.