PDA

View Full Version : working on a raley

Dtha
08-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Hey guy's, I want to start working on a raley, but I am having trouble with the most important part.

Little info: I ride on a 1986 comp with a decent amount of weight in her. Ride at 70', use a tower.

I can jump w2w no problem, not worried about the landing, not even really afraid to bail hard, but when I go to cut out far to get speed to cut back in, when I transition the cut back in, the rope gets so much slack and I lose a lot of momentum to help throw me into a good speed. What is a good tip to help my cut transition out? I carve n my toe's exactly like in the video from learnwake (come from a solid backround of snowboarding).

I can get out into the flats a bit, but not consistently, and mostly because I lose it on my transition to get enough speed. Any info would be great guys, thank you.

KG's Supra24
08-23-2011, 09:40 PM
are you trying to throw it toeside?

cut out away from the wake slower if yo u are getting slack in the rope and use a progressive edge startinng slow and increasing the cut as you approach. you have to be balls out for araley. So thats all i got bc i am too scared to try.

Dtha
08-23-2011, 09:59 PM
No i am trying it HS. I was referring to my edge away from the wake. I could see it being done to quickly and causin slack, i will definitley give that a try, thanks.

wotan2525
08-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Practice raleys on a wakeskate. You'll kill yourself on a wakeboard.

Dtha
08-24-2011, 05:17 AM
I dont own a wake skate, nor have access to one.

moombamania
08-24-2011, 02:33 PM
When I started I took my boots off and went barefoot on board, heelside balls out and realized my first one would have been one #$!! of a face plant landing... few more times no boots got the hang of it.