PDA

View Full Version : Boat cover leaking around tower legs on 22SSV?

kbarnhart
08-23-2011, 10:49 PM
I get a lot of rain water in my 2009 Launch 22SSV where the cover goes around the rear tower legs. On the left side, it simply leaks into the cooler, but on the right it leaks into a cup holder which overflows on the floor. After a couple of years, this has really taken its toll on the carpet, etc. Has anyone fixed this issue successfully? Can you let me in on the fix?

Many thanks!

tg0824SSVGG
08-24-2011, 08:09 AM
No, mine does the same thing - except it leaks forward of the cooler, into the storage area.

I have talked to the local cover guy, and asked him to add to my cover, some material that would wrap around the tower leg,
about 8-10 high -- velcro/zipper, and tight at the top to close this hole. He suggested it would be easy, just cost some $$.

If you know what a "gaiter" is that someone cross country skiing or snowshoeing ... this is the concept in my mind. I have seen
covers with this built in for the tower. Something like this that is either attached to your cover, or would be "over" your cover - and
go over the area you're talking about? (for some reason, I can't get the image to work -- look here (http://www.rei.com/product/803452/rei-desert-gaiters?cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-datafeed-_-product-_-803452&mr:trackingCode=47B915C2-B849-E011-AFD7-001517384908&mr:referralID=NA) for a picture of a gaiter)