PDA

View Full Version : 08 Sunsport 20V Wake Surfing Ballast Setup & Recomendations

Board001
08-26-2011, 11:51 AM
We just bought our first wake surfboard and would appreciate any advice on the ballast setup for our 2008 Sunsport 20V. Also, recommendations on boat speed, wake plate pitch, and how to find the sweet spot would be great. Plus, does Perfect Pass work well with such low speeds? Any help is greatly appreciated, our 2 kids are craving to wake surf well.

KG's Supra24
08-26-2011, 02:27 PM
If you have factory ballast, fill the rear surf side as much as possible and sit everyone on that side. Then fill the front as needed to lengthen the pocket. Perfect pass works fine at the lower speeds. I would gues speeds between 10.5 and 11.5. Play around with it before starting so you can see what looks best.

Red Raider
08-30-2011, 11:24 PM
What size ballast do you have? I have an 09 20 SSV and it came with 450's in the rear with the 370 in the front. We have since replaced the rears with 750's and place the 450's on the seat and in the middle over the ski locker. I have found the best speed to be 10.8 with the wake plate all the way up. We are working to lengthen the wave now, but haven't had a lot of time to mess with it yet. If you are on factory ballast the pocket is going to be pretty close to the back of the boat. If you can get a few people in the boat, you can move them around and see where you need to put weight then just replace with bags when you dont have the extra people.