PDA

View Full Version : new boat question / opionions

bamabonners
08-30-2011, 01:31 PM
I am looking at a new 20V. I am wondering if it has a built in cooler. If so, is it any good? How big is it, etc....?

Plus, any good overall opinions on the 20v?

thanks all.

Mobius22
08-31-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm pretty sure all Supras have a built in cooler. The 20V is a cross-over boat that has a good ski and wakeboard wake, and has great handling and performance. I haven't personally seen the surf wake on it but with the 3 bags of ballast I'm sure it's pretty good.

Diggs
09-01-2011, 10:23 AM
It does have a cooler on board behind the drivers seat. It will hold at least a case of coldies and ice. It is not huge, but it is certainly big enough. 20V is a great boat and definitely you can change up the ballast and make it a great surf boat, wake boat, or ski boat. Let me know if you have questions on it. I have a buddy that has one and loves it and knows it well.

bamabonners
09-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Is single axle trailer good enough or should I opt for tandem? We trailer alot, but the boat is lighter than my vlx, which has tandem.

LloydP
09-02-2011, 07:36 AM
I have to say that regardless of boat size, I will never have a single axle trailer again. Having had both, the tandem is the only way to go. And I thought that before I blew out a tire on the way home one night!

Swamplandkarl
09-02-2011, 09:51 AM
I love my 20v..the cooler behind the drivers seat is ok but ill tell you using the cushion for the cover is just not a good idea as keep taking it on and off all day causes the material to wear quickly but over all the cooler works fine.

As far as the wake its great but if you want to surf you will need to replace the rear locker sacks to 750lb and you will be good to go....

I will have to agree I would never have another single axle trailer.

Let me know if you have any further questions as ive had the 20V for about a year now...

Good luck,

Swamp

Diggs
09-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah Double Axle trailer is the way to go. Looks better and performs better. Resale will be better.....One exception though.... if you have to move it around your garage by hand for any reason you will be much happier with a single axle, but otherwise tandem axle wins hands down.